Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Dec 6, 2006.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Jan 12, 2001
    Ok, here's the theory, plan, thought, whatever;

I've got an '87 SWB V10 Custom Deluxe for sale here in town. Its got 6" lift and 35" Radial Swampers.

A local has an '89 or '90 V1500 Silverado Sub, 4" lift, 33" tires and basically the same motor as my '87.

Thing is, the local wants my '87 and wants to trade his Sub for it. He has his Sub up for sale at $3200. I'm asking $4000 for mine.

Since his is a Silverado and newer, and mine is a Custom Deluxe, is it worth trading even across for? Do you think I can come out ahead if I sell the Sub? Maybe sell the Sub on eBay for slightly more?

My bottom dollar on the '87 was $3500, so we're not far from each other. He was listing his Sub at $3700, so, we're almost the same.

I can say his Sub is a lot nicer inside, obviously with the Silverado trim. Would this Sub be anything anyone here would be interested in buying? I can get pics of it if you want. It is pretty decent and nice. Better shape than my '87.

Spill the beans. Inquiring minds want to know.
  2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Nov 22, 2004
    Id be interested if you didnt live in kansas:rolleyes: Id do it... your upgrading so why not?
  3. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

May 18, 2006
    87 short beds are real hard to find and its FI right?, keep it and put it on ebay. youll get more than 4000 for it probably