Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Decorating Trees...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I volunteered at work to help decorate the hotel for Christmas today tomorrow and Wednesday... Here's my story for today:

first I went to Hobby Lobby and spent $259.89 (of the hotel's money of course) on christmas lights and fuses. Then I went to work on the tree in the lobby... after 6 hours I thought I was finally done, so I put away the ladders and the dead lights and the lights that still need to be put on and pulled my truck up to warm up while I got some dinner. I came back in after pulling up my truck to see a 2 foot ring of darkness all the way around the tree.... so I got another ladder and tried to figure it out... I gave up after ten minutes... I think a fuse probably blew, Shaun had about 8 strands plugged into one outlet /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif but I didn't want to mess with fuses tonight, I'm going back in the morning... So I'll figure it out then.

I guess you're wondering how big this tree is, aren't you? Well I'll tell you how big it is. 15-20 Feet tall, I think 20. That's a big freaking tree! I put on a few thousand lights today, I'm almost done, then Cherie (general managers wife) is gonna come in and cover it with red and gold ribbons and balls and stuff. I'll take some pics sometime when it's done, it's really quite awesome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

make sure you get some pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

so a picture of the bosses wife and daughter nekkid in front of the tree is required!

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    so a picture of the bosses wife and daughter nekkid in front of the tree is required!

[/ QUOTE ]
    ya just pm me that one and post a pic of just the tree

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Make sure you have 3 good fire extinguishers near the tree but not so close that you can't get to them if the tree burns. Sounds like a fire waiting to happen to me...

6. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

"first I went to Hobby Lobby and spent $259.89 "

This is why you cant get a hotel for less then 180 a night nowadays who needs lights who needs a tree /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif just give me a clean room with a comfy bed and clean sheets and maybe cable if Im there for work and alone

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This is why you cant get a hotel for less then 180 a night nowadays who needs lights who needs a tree just give me a clean room with a comfy bed and clean sheets and maybe cable if Im there for work and alone

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. But people like you are also why Motel 6 is still in business /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif... People come to Little America and expect something extravagent for their money. So we give them not only a clean room, but a very nice clean room. They expect only the best food in the dining room for their $20 plate, so they get the best in town according to most people. Traditionally, they expect a huge setup for Christmas, and a huge brunch on holidays.

But yeah, you can always go to Motel 6 or something for a clean room, a comfortable bed, cable, and a continental breakfast if that's your thang /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

A desk clerk figured out earlier this year that we could sell any room except the Executive Suite (biggest room with king bed, 2 closets, microwave, bar, etc.) for like $30 and break even with bills and all that...