Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dedenbear Knuckles

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by SF87K5, Feb 3, 2004.

1. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Stephen How much are these?
    [​IMG]

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Bare knuckles are $259 each, spindle stud kits are $18.00 per side (6 studs), High Steer arms are $300 for the pair, and the studs for the top of the knuckle are $10.00 each. The $10.00 studs are GM studs with the larger center section to index the arm tight before you even put the tapered nut on it.

Is it considered bling if it's pretty AND works? If so.......Let the Bling run free!

All our crossover or high steer arms are now like the one in the pic, 5 holes for the knuckle and 2 holes in the front of the RH arm, one for the tierod, one for the draglink. If you don't have Dedenbear knuckles, you just don't use the 5th hole.

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

But can you get the knuckles with 4 studs, meaning that I already have the cross-over setup with 4 studs.

4. bshewmaker

bshewmaker Registered Member

Do those come without the tierod mount?

5. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But can you get the knuckles with 4 studs, meaning that I already have the cross-over setup with 4 studs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 4 holes in the arm you have line up with 4 of the 5 studs in the new knuckle. You just don't install the 5th stud in the knuckle.

Eric M.

6. Stephen

OK, 4 of the holes are the stock pattern, you just don't use the 5th hole unless you have the Dedenbear knuckles.

If you don't want the tie rod arm, you our we could cut it off, but they're all cast with the arm on there to start with.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you put your x-over arms up for sale for almost what new cost then you buy new ones. or maybe stephen will cut you a deal for if you want to go to the DB knuckles. there would be little point going to the DB knuckles and not use the 5th stud.
    im thinking about this setup, but at just over a grand with shipping it will be a while before i decide if im going to do it or not.
    Grant

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Someday i will get them, I got one of the early runs when Stephen added the 5th hole so my ORD arms will work fine.

9. Stephen

Dedenbear does include the dimensions for the 5th hole so as long as the shape of your arm allows it, you can drill the new hole yourself if you want. If you have one of our arms, we can put the 5th hole in it here if you want, it'll run about $20.00 altogether but it's not a huge deal to do it.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I have the 5th hole, thats what I meant, I got mine right after you added the holes.

11. Stephen

Yeah, I'd kind of aimed that at the guys above, and to make it known that we can do it.