Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dee-Troyt rear locker: installed!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by madmike, May 27, 2004.

1. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I've got my rear Detroit locker installed in my 14bff. Woo Hoo! Lookin' for some traction action! Yeah! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Thanks, to JK5, for letting me use his smooooth concrete floor to roll around on, and the handy-dandy workbench to split the case. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I think the 14bff rear axle has got to be the finest axle that God has permitted man to make, so far. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It really is so simple in design, and strength. This locker install is probably one of the best, easiest, and worthwhile modifications, for the money, that can be made to a vehicle.

I will be taking the truck to Wellsville this weekend to test her out, anybody who is near enough should come on down! Other CK5'ers will be there! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Anytime Mike!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I can't wait to see how the cross-over and locker work out for You!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think the 14bff rear axle has got to be the finest axle that God has permitted man to make, so far. It really is so simple in design, and strength. This locker install is probably one of the best, easiest, and worthwhile modifications, for the money, that can be made to a vehicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

You will have to try out either "Ugly" or "Chinese Water Fall" this weekend!

5. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    You will have to try out either "Ugly" or "Chinese Water Fall" this weekend!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna see that!!!
    that may be a recipe for Body Damage...

Everytime I go down the Ugly Trail...
    my rear bumper changes shape.. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif