Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Deep Dish Aluminum Rims

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by behemoth, Jun 15, 2000.

1. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I've got crappy M/T deep dish aluminum rims - came with the truck and I never replaced them. Anyway, one has a very small pin hole in it and it doesn't always hold air. I've got an air pump for "field work" and I've been told that welding aluminum is a pain in the ass and you have to be careful who does it - they could screw up the whole rim. They're old and I'm not about to replace it (finding another like it would be difficult at best). Fix-A-Flat doesn't work. The dirtier I keep it, the slower the leak. Any ideas or suggestions?

behemoth K5

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Iv'e had dirt bikes,fourwheelers,and other toys with alot of aluminum on them.It might seem strange but the best aluminum welding i have ever seen was the repairs made by my local boat propeller repair shop.They work with aluminum all day.They are usually very reasonable price wise too.THey should be able too weld that hole very easily.