Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

definition of a redneck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudjunkie 82, Sep 18, 2003.

1. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Some non-wheelers around here think that if you drive a 4x4 you are a redneck.....whats your definition???????????

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

as Charlie Daniels says, "a redneck ain't nothin but a working man". I get called it all the time around here. I don't call myself that though. Its funny cause we have kids that drive little crappy trucks and act all country like and call themselves Rednecks and they just make people like me look stupid. I hate those kids, all I have to say is I don't put myself out there like that and if you don't believe I am who I say I am, well you come right over to my house and check out the driveway with rears, engines, transmissions, and plent of cars sitting in it.

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

If your front porch collapse's, and kill's more than 5 dog's, then You, might be a Redneck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

What if we bear a striking resemblance to the guy in your avatar?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    What if we bear a striking resemblance to the guy in your avatar?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Then stock up on large paper bags. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Then stock up on large paper bags. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gifToo funny man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is'nt it a "Charming" Icon? LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. mudjunkie 82

I heard a good one today...If your family tree does not fork, you might be a redneck............................

9. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

If your momma ever says "Hey, come look at this thang here b4 I flush er down!" you might be a redneck.

10. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

I've got a list of joke a mile long but if you are wanting a serious answer it will take some doing.
    First off you can't "know" what a redneck is. it's more of a state of mind. you eitehr are one or your not.
    if you are one your proud of it.
    you have to actually have had to WORK for a living to be a true redneck.
    you have to be able to enjoy the simple things in life and not get caught up in the whole "i'm better that you are " syndrome.
    you have to have been poor enough to have to hawk somehting to buy dinner and a beer.

I'm sure i could sit here and think [darn] up all night but i'm a redneck and don't like to have to think that hard some i'm gonna got hawk the dog, get a sixer, pie, and what the grass grow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

If you drive a lifted 69 chevelle on a blazer frame- you might be a red neck.

12. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

If your net worth is measured by dead cars in the yard or major appliances on your front porch you might be a redneck.

If when your cutting the grass and you unearth another car you might be a redneck

13. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

Z3PR = Then stock up on large paper bags.

hey.. Your one to talk. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif What is that thing in your posts. I'm probably to old to understand it but it scares me. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

BTW - whats the last thing you hear a redneck say?

- WATCH THISsssssss......

14. patrickcampbell

patrickcampbell Registered Member

Hell yeah! you might be a redneck if u can build a complete truck with scrap parts in your yard!! damn I must be a redneck

15. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    u can build a complete truck with scrap parts in your yard!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Then do it! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

16. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

well had to jump in on this 1 as i have found my current true calling 2 be the best red neck i can be :-)
    but according to the american slang dictionary
    the turm was started in the midwest do to the farmers wearing t shits in the spring & summer and working out doors well when ya take the t shirt and large hat off everything is white but the neck and thats sun burned so tada ( the first redneck was branded ) all the caracter traits were added to it from then on as farming dont pay much so ya gotta fix your own cars but sometimes its cheeper 2 buy anouther 1 espically around harvest time ( if its a good 1 ) so pertty soon
    ya got a few of em around and 4x4s a a natural for the farm so they kinda got labled right there with it the rest as it is sayed is history
    thankyou for watching this program You can order a tape of it for 19.95 + shipping and handing
    send to
    B.M.B.F.( Build my Blazer Foundation )
    1626 N. wilcox ave. Suite # 712
    los angeles ca. 90028
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

17. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Well,, I drive a lifted 4x4 with a gun rack. I hunt and own several firearms. I am dirt poor and pretty much do every job that is humanly possible for me to do rather than hire someone. I am in the excavation business and always go home dirty, sweaty, and tired. I even owned a bloodhound named beau but he stayed with my parents when I got married.

But I loathe country music (slipknot fan /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)I prefer baseball caps to wide brimmed hats. I don't watch nascar. And I enunciate so 99% of the listening public can understand me.

Am I a redneck?

18. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I grew up redneck... working construction with my stepdad and saving to buy my K20. I'm the only one who works on it, I have to hunt for as many used parts as I can because I can't afford to buy everything new. My parents didn't buy it for me, they don't pay the insurance for me, hell... I'm surprised that they still feed me since I turned 18 a year ago. The only thing about me that no longer fits the "redneck" status is that I'm now going to school for a BS in Mechanical Engineering and working in an office building testing prototype washer system parts....

Help me... I'm stuck between two different worlds.

P.S. I'm the only redneck in the office and nobody understands me, or why I have all these pictures of "old nasty trucks" hanging up in my cube /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I grew up redneck... working construction with my stepdad and saving to buy my K20. I'm the only one who works on it, I have to hunt for as many used parts as I can because I can't afford to buy everything new. My parents didn't buy it for me, they don't pay the insurance for me, hell... I'm surprised that they still feed me since I turned 18 a year ago. The only thing about me that no longer fits the "redneck" status is that I'm now going to school for a BS in Mechanical Engineering and working in an office building testing prototype washer system parts....

Help me... I'm stuck between two different worlds.

P.S. I'm the only redneck in the office and nobody understands me, or why I have all these pictures of "old nasty trucks" hanging up in my cube /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA

I work in a high-tech office and sit in a "cube farm"... on my desk are the original spidergears and sidegears from my 14BFF (the takeoff parts from my Detroit install).

I used some zipties to hold the spider gears to the crossshaft, so you can actually spin the gears and stuff....people are fascinated and always want to mess with it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think it's kind of fun to have a totally "foreign" decoration like that in the office..... every once in a while someone actually knows what it is! That helps me locate the other "gearheads" in the company.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. mudjunkie 82

Great replys,I don't know,I live a real simple life,small house,nothing fancy.don't own a car.live for my truck,its the most important thing I own.drink whiskey,chew mail pouch. love women with big jugs Also am part hillbilly.....could I be a redneck?