Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Defrost controls---NEED HELP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BURBIN406, Dec 10, 2002.

1. BURBIN406

BURBIN406 Registered Member

My defrost stop blowing out ducts and only comes out of the dash vents not at the windshield where needed. We just had 8" of snow and are calling for ice and rain tommorow and I will need defrost, Any Quick Fix Ideas?

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

There is a little door inside that directs the air to the appropriate places. Sounds like the actuator (either vacuum or mechanical) poped off or is out of adjustment.

3. BURBIN406

Thanks, I'll check the cable or vacuum ball under the hood.

4. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem...the line was popped off of the ball underneath the hood. It should have a hard vaccum line with a soft rubber hose at the end if it. Just hook her back up the the under side of the ball.

5. BURBIN406

Well it wasn't the hose. So I pulled the dash apart and didn't find any bad hoses. I checked the vacuum selector switch on the back of the controls and it didn't seem to be working right so I fiddled with it and it started working again. It looked like the valve wasn't sealing when it switched. Anyways I think I am gonna order a new vacuum selector and try that.