Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

delayed reverse 700r4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by marcus, Feb 28, 2002.

1. marcus

marcus Registered Member

All,

Despite my last post about how great my Blazer is, there is one thing that is really irritating: when cold, the tranny can take anything up to three or four minutes to engage reverse. Is there a quick fix? Sticky valve or something? When warm, it'll shift within 4-5 seconds at the most.

I know the tranny needs a rebuild, but I think that I will just have a Raptor shipped out from the US to the UK as the local tranny shop want £1500 ($2500!!!!), just for a rebuild, using my core! I just want to kill this tranny before begging the money from the bank manager.

Thanks

'84 Blazer Silverado, 6.2 Diesel, 700R4

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

My guess is that a valve in the valve body is sticking...you may want to pull the pan and check all the vales be hand to ensurse that the move freely...sometimes, crap can preven a valve from moving at all and sometimes the just get hung up...

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

3. marcus

marcus Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I was going to pull the pan this w/e and change fluid and filter...

This will be the first time I've done a tranny fluid change on an auto, so I have no idea what the inside of one looks like...hope these valves are easy to recognize!

'84 Blazer Silverado, 6.2 Diesel, 700R4

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Once you pull the pan and the filter, you will beable to see al the valves...The are just little piston looking things that slide in and out of the valve body...just go around there and slide them in and out, making sure the move okay...

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>