Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Delete Found

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Metrodps, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

:D found! Delete Post :D

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

OEM is aftermarket, NOS is original Genuine GM parts.

3. Metrodps

OK; well I want GM fender. Hey it was late and I was in pain. Thanks for pointing out my freck up!

4. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Actually,OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer, NOS is New Old Stock. Both the same, parts made by or for the auto manufacturer for a vehicle when new or as original replacments, the later (NOS) refers to items in stock but no longer being made (discontinued). Aftermarket is just that, aftermarket.

Not that anyone cares ......

I'd be interested in that OEM, NOS dash pad. I have fenders, but I think you'd be better off finding ones local. Plus, I don't think mine are perfect. If you want to sell, let me know.

Thanks,

Eric M.

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i might be getting some fenders off a truck i might be picking up and parting out. ill let you know.

6. Metrodps

I am not crazy then! :)

Thats what I thought but heck the way terms change I wasn't sure! Hell I am half nuts anyway so..... :screwy:

Um I care; not making a show truck but if it is worth doing do it right the first time. I would trade the NOS dash pad if someone had a N.O.S GM fender. The last NOS GM Dash pads have been going around $285.00 on eBay lately.

I can get the certified aftermarket ones dropped off at my friends garage for $85.00 now they went up $4.00 list is $124.00 but that is last resort if I cant get by March (deadline to paint).

I will keep you in mind Eric.

7. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Stick with the OEM body parts. Learn from others mistakes, preferably mine! My first truck had aftermarket fenders, hood and doors. Took my and a friend who does body work an entire day to line everything up. We had to grind out mounting holes, twist and bend ... it was a PITA. And, in a year, one of the doors rotted out!

Second truck: All OEM, used parts. Everything lined up fine, did it with one other guy with no experience and it took half the time. None of it has rotted out ... yet.

I've started picking up used parts I find locally, just in case.

Eric M.

8. Metrodps

Yea I plan on buying another set of fenders to and just put them up in attic for back up. Then a set of doors and am calling dealers (GM) looking for parts to stash back!

9. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

just picked up a parts truck and the driver fender is good. the passenger is not. kind of a drive for you, but shipping would beat this up. this is not perfect, but if you pick it up its cheap since you gotta drive so far.

dans truck 021.jpg

10. atomicdog

atomicdog Registered Member

are you still lookin for a fender? I have a complete front for sale maybe you could buy it and sell the rest come out with a free fender? my driver fender is nearly perfect but dont want to break it all up.Bumper to cowl piece inners and all 300 bucks plus the ride.pass fender is slightly dented but fixable.and hood is hail damaged small dents.easily fixed.

11. Metrodps

A little to Far atomicdog and I am still waiting on gmc4cw to get back to me he works like a mad man! So it might be a little while.

12. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

fenders yours. you just gotta pick it up and drink some yuengling with me. of course you also have to buy the yuengling.:D

13. atomicdog

atomicdog Registered Member

cool, sweet ride!