Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

delete please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Oct 3, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ghhjgjjh

Last edited: Jul 14, 2005
  2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

Re: does kerosene go bad in storage ?

i am not sure about the karosene going bad it might , try tossing in alittle more to help it get going if it needs it.

i would aslso look in to the jet or sprayer that sprays the fuel in (if it is anything like a oil ferness) it will have a little brass filter on it, might need a new one.

for a filter if you cant get one for it local, just get a furness air filter and cut it down to size.

that building dose not seem like it will retain much heat.
    why dont you try putting plactic over the windows, You need thin clear plactic 2 buck drop sheat will do a lot of windows, buy some two sided tape and tape around the window casing, or molding enuff to cover the draft point. the put the plastic on. If you go over it nicely with the wifes hairdrier it will shrink and be tight and clear. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

how far is IL from canada? i am switching my oil furness to gas right now, you could have it and the 3 tanks with it. it works good. TO bad you far away /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i am just below wisconsin, so if youre in central lower canada then hmm..

but i cant afford any mailing and have no vehicle to get me very far out of town without problems, so i dunno

i dont have a wife or g/f or anything i will be alone all my life ill never have either i have no chance as i have nothing going for me in this life, so no hair blowdryer

yeh this building wont hold heat, at all, none, it is just bare frame and some plywood exterior no siding or anything it needs everything but its all i have to live in, its where ive been all my life, the roof leaks alot and is getting worse fast, water comes in down here everytime it rains i have no gutters, im screwed i just survive any way that i can,

the heater has metal feed line or two yeh, filter in it, hmm., ill try and find, dunno,

ill have to try and find a coupel bucks somehow and get a gallon of kerosene if any places locally have any yet, it may be too early in the year still,

hopefully it will ignite the old kerosene after adding some new,.

thanks

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i just stuck a rod in the tank and tried to light the kerosene with a lighter and it just wont light up at all,

does that mean its bad ?

or does it take more than a small flame to light kerosene up ??

knipco/koehring model F150 heater
    http://www.msservice.net/desa/knipco-high.html
    http://www.msservice.net/desa/knipco-low.html
    http://www.masterparts.net/knipcolowpres.html
    http://www.masterparts.net/knipcohighpres.html

says has fuel filter in it, i have taken apart the fuel inlet line brass connector to the injector and it has no filter i dont even see how or where it could have one

its got about a 5/16" copper fuel tube that runs straight up out of the fuel tank and into where the spark plug igniter and fuel injector is and i think another fan is in there too,

thanks

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

the little brass filter i talked about is atached to the back of the nosle ( as far as i know)

hey man wood stove is a nice cheap way too, ofer people free tree removel on fallen, cut down trees or charge a fee and take them down your on here so i take it you have a truck.

but look in to the plastic though, it will do a sserious amout of good in holding your heat in good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if the fuel filter is where the injector is at(can possibly be anywhere else except inside the tank ??) then ill have to disconnect air tube line and the fule inlet tube line out of the tank in order to remove the fuel nozzle injector assembly, its held in place by three little flat head sheetmetal screws,

plastic i have some around and some old carpeting too that i could lay down on the upstairs wooden floor to keep heat down here, i live in the bototm part of the building on the slab floor of it and it is underground by about four feet, there are a few windows down here but they are not very big, i thought about cutting some glass and double paning them, i have glass pieces and a glass cutter and wood around here i could make frame for them, hmm..

this building is 100x40 and roof is huge it is 3,000 square foot main part, 15 per side and 102 foot long on the roof, 7 inches a foot rise both side, slab floor base and second floor is normal wooden strructure, it used to be a nursing home, its solid frame no rot or anything bad its built solid but it needs everything, roof, windows doors, drywall insulation plumbing electrical, and so on, something i could never do, just too damn big, and whjatever temp it is outside it is in here too, no way to keep it warm in winter its a big PITA to do so, heat just leaks right out cold just comes right on in real easy

gotta find heaters and its hard to find heater when you are poor as hell

ive thought about relocating to the south somewhere and live in a tent on the beach or somewhere where i wont freeze to death each winter,

but im stranded i have no way to get out of here, no fare money for train or plane or anything, or food, or anything, so im screwed anyways no matter what,

so i dunno.....

just gonna have to hope winter is mild and that spring hurries the hell up and gets here,

thanks

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Just plug it in and go....With just sitting a year, that K1 will be good unless it has attracted a lot of water.

To try and save some money, get ahold of the local fuel guy, and ask for some #1 dyed low sulfur diesel fuel. This is the same think as K1 and will not have all the extra taxes attached to it....

If that is not available, look for a place that sells straight #1 fuel. Even if there are more taxes on it, that is often offset by the seller making less margin on the sale. Generally a reseller will try and make 30 - 40 cents per gallon, raising the price above regular diesel.

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Just plug it in and go....With just sitting a year, that K1 will be good unless it has attracted a lot of water.

To try and save some money, get ahold of the local fuel guy, and ask for some #1 dyed low sulfur diesel fuel. This is the same think as K1 and will not have all the extra taxes attached to it....

If that is not available, look for a place that sells straight #1 fuel. Even if there are more taxes on it, that is often offset by the seller making less margin on the sale. Generally a reseller will try and make 30 - 40 cents per gallon, raising the price above regular diesel.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting!

thanks, good info, im 90% sure we have no fuel place locally cept for a propane place

if i use yahoo yellow pages to try and find a fuel supplier then what search terms should i use ?

thanks

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i found the damn fuel filter finally !!!!!!!

damn
    its along cylindrical one it sits down in the copper inlet fuel tube coming up from out of the fuel tank, its like 4" long it is one funky oddball wierdo contraption of a fuel filte ri tell ya, its nice and clean i cleaned it up real nice an dit has no restriction,

i found it after rmeoving the injection and spark plug assembly and i took apart the injector and lceaned the nozzle up real good inside and out with a toothbrush and hot water and soap, it is nice and clean, and everything else is too now,

i had it plugge din and it was arcing spark good at the plug and trying to fire the kerosene but couldnt keep it burning, and then it seemed to have quit injecting kerosene so i gave up and removed the injjection spark unit and started cleaning, so now im gonna reassemble everything and plug in the heater againa nd hope for the best, if it wont keep burning the kerosene now then its gotta be bad kerosene

wish me the best

now i know more about these heaters than i ever thought i would, i did not know that kerosene could fire with a spark, i always thought oil fuels would not

im am surprised

thanks

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

its got red colored fuel in it, 7 or 8 gallons, what do i do with it ?
    it looks and smells good but it just wont ignite, what heaters is red kerosene fuel meant for ?

ive been doing some searching on google and come up with some contradictory info about red kerosene:
    http://www.msiwix.com/reddye.htm
    http://www.carrollfuel.com/products/kerosene-faq.asp
    according to these pages in 1998 red kerosene was made as tax free and not supposed ot have been used as fuel oil for diesels cuz i guess ppl were burning clear kerosene in diesels ?
    these places are satying that red kerosene is same as 1 stove oil

is this true ?

they dont say anything about heaters liek i have out here, forced air spark ignition blower types,
    can you use red oil in them or not ?
    one place says that red dye oil gives off more dangerous combustion than K-1 and therefore is not safe for indoor burning, i have to run my heater indoors, thats the whole point is to stay warm down in here all winter

so what do i do now ? does red stove oil even exist now, all ive ever seen around here is K-1

are red oil and k-1 rerally the same thing except for the dye or lack of it ? or are they really different ? the red stuff wont ignite in this heater i have, but then it might be up to 6 years old. apparently red oil doesnt light with a spark plug spark, it wont in this heater i have anyways, it tries to but doesnt

thanks