Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DELETE

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by backyardbuilt, Apr 11, 2004.

1. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

How do you wire it up? I checked every site but noone shows how to do it and the one I got didn't come with instruction I got the one just like the one on the kilby site, here is a pic.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for your help!

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Onboard air pressure switch ?

Run your +12v to the inner right contact and -12v to the inner left contact. Then your +12v to your compressor to the outer right contact and the -12v to your compressor to the outer left contact.

Each side of contacts are connected when the switch is on. You can look at the switch and see the contacts for each of those screw terminals, and then see the little piece of metal hovering over them that connects them when pressure is low.

You don't need to do both, you can switch either just the +12v or just the -12v if you want.

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

off topic

what strength of air compressor is needed to inflate tires?

i dont know anything but would summize that you would need a compressor with a psi output higher than that of your desired tire pressure?

4. willyswanter

Most compressors are capable of at least 100psi, most are rated 120 or so while a few are 150, most of the 150's are made for air ride suspensions. Any compressor will inflate tires, but the CFM output dictates how fast it will do so.

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Is there a way to determine the CFM of an air compressor by bore and stroke and so on? Not trying to hijack the thread here but I've been working on an air compressor lately and it doesn't say cfm's on the tag anymore. It's an old two stage cast iron pump. I got the head off right now and could easily measure the bore diameter but not sure how the smaller high pressure piston figures into the equation.

6. willyswanter

Well, technically you could measure the bore and stroke. Use that to calculate the volume of displacement in cubic inches. Divide that by 1728 and that is your cubic feet of air per cycle pumped. Then multiply that number by your rpm and that will give you the CFM at 100% efficiency. But it probably only runs about 80-90% efficient. So say you had a 8 cubic inch displacement, divide that by 1728 equals .0046 cubic feet multiplied by say 2000 rpm which equals 9.2 CFM at 100% efficiency. Now say it's a 80% efficient compressor so multiply 9.2 by .8 and you get 7.36 CFM at 80% efficiency.

7. backyardbuilt

Thanks willyswanter, I figured thats how it went but wanted to make sure. Hijack away cyberfire thats some cool info. By the way sent your cash out to ya how close are we to shipping.

8. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Yep, got the paypal today. Beadlocks will ship tomorrow. I spent my morning finishing them up. I read your post again the other day about not being sure how you want to assemble the beadlocks and maybe chamfering the other side of the beadlock. If you want too you can just flip the lefts for the rights.

Willyswanter, thanks for the info. Time to brake out the caliper.

9. backyardbuilt

That would work huh! So I should see them wednesday then. Guess I better get my stuff in order to get them mounted. Got a couple projects started or done so I'm getting there.