Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

delete

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 4xcrazy, Apr 12, 2004.

1. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Going to try to give early enough warning here, I would like to run out at the coves this next Sunday, I haven't been there in awhile, wheelin, cliff diving, fishing, cooking, whatever comes up. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Anybody up for it? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: Butcher Jones (The Coves) Saguaro Lake area Sunday

Definitely , just up the road from me. And the following weekend I am off Sat and Sun again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ill try to go and get my roommate to get off his lazy ass and actually use the transfer case in his superduty. do you have to ride any trails to get to where u wanna hang out? cus we need to do some fender work to his powerstroke before it can be wheeled. and he sure as hell isnt gonna go anywhere where he could damage the truck. but id love to go out and kick it, bar-b-q what ever.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

About the most damage you will most likely see out in this area, is some tire chewing if your rough on the gas, other than that, it's pretty wide open area with easier routes to take to get to the areas where we want to go to. I used to take the Burb out there when it was stock and really had no problems, but there are other hill climbs and trails to mess around on also.

5. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Secret Cove? I still have to fix my front drive shaft(u-joints), but I'm interested if I can get it done in time. I am thinking about bringing my canoe and camping Fri/Sat night, anyone else wanna go up early?

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Personally, thats what i'd like to do, is go up like Friday late afternoon, or Saturday morning and stay the weekend, will just have to see towards weeks end how things pan out on this end, the others who can't do that can just simply meet up with those of us already out there.

7. pauly383

Well if someones already there, channel 10 and I will show up after work Sat /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Re: Butcher Jones (The Coves) Saguaro Lake area Sunday *DELETED*

Yeah, it's still on,, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. pauly383

Cancelled $%%^&&^% You know good and well your family and I got your back /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I just sold that microwave sitting in the store, I got gas and sandwhiches /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

We'll see what happens towards the near end of the week, i have a couple of things that may come through for me by then. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Will keep ya informed, but i still think we need more people with trucks to attend, no offense to those without intended. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    but i still think we need more people with trucks to attend,

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course its cool with more people and I want em to go, but why can't we go anyway like we always did before we "knew" the locals. I am wanting to wheel and fish, and drink before bed after wheeling. It would suck if no one went. I cannot go alone, you never know what could happen. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Aight people, come on now, don't make me spend the night out at the lake ALONE with just Paul now,,,,he scares me /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Come on now, it doesn't take that much just to go out and have some fun sittin around. I'll be bringing some food, burgers, dogs, the grill, charcoal, sodas,water,allkillhol for the night time relaxation drink.
    I'll even bring the video camera, incase anything interesting starts to happn with the 6 strippers i invited /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Whats up now people, heh heh, anyhoo. Hope to see some of ya out there, can be a nice relaxing time away from the city for a change. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Woaa...rewind...strippers??? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif hahaha I'll see what I'm doing Saturday night..I'm always up for campin out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    don't make me spend the night out at the lake ALONE with just Paul now,,,,he scares me

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I bought a new 3 hp Chainsaw and carry a shovel in the truck is no reason to be scared /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

15. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Ok.. I might be able to make this, Been working a lot lately (14-16 hours daily) for the last 2 weeks including saturdays but I need to get away from that at least for a day.. Sat night sounds good..

16. pauly383

I hope you like Bud Light, and let some air out of your tires this time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking about comming up Sat and bringing my canoe, but I'm not sure if I will have my front driveshaft in yet.

Which cove are you plannin to go to, or are you planning to hang at Butcher Jones?

My CB antenna is broken, and I'm concerned about being able to find you guys with only my locked up rear, I have been wheelin' there but I always seem to get lost. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Getting lost out there with out the help of the front axle could spoil my week end. Hopefully I'll get the shaft in, but if I can get there without it, I got fire wood, and the canoe, so I can still have fun at the lake. I do have a tow strap just in case. I'm off Fri/Sat and Sun till 10PM, so I'm flexible, but I might need to follow someone in. I live in Scottsdale.

BTW: One does not tell stories about inviting strippers, unless they are serious! This kind of fibbing could lead devastating consequences due to dissapointed guys getting in trouble with their significant others for nothing. I can picture it now there will be some poor guy putting his rig up for sale because his wife/GF thinks we go wheelin to look at nekkid women. Don't you see what kind of trouble you could start with a joke like that. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Later,
    Allan Greenblazer

18. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I would install the front driveshaft, even if we only hit the first cove, it's still needed to get there, especially coming out, and it's been awhile since i have been there, so who knows what all the yahoos and the rain has done to the trails.
    Alright alright alright, there are not going to be any strippers, /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif i was simply trying to get your attention to the thread, like i'm that special, and talented to be able to get strippers to attend, YEAH,,,whatever /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Anyway, is there a specific reason your driveshaft isn't in yet, is there a problem, do you need assistance or just been putting it off?

I remember Paul made it out there one time with just his rear wheels pushing, due to messed up auto locking hubs, /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif but he had a real rough time getting it to climb.

So basically i would say 4wd is highly recommended. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. pauly383

We will have a better idea of times when Tj's home from work tonight. My self , I work until 4 on Sat so I wont be there to gate until 530 or 6. I am sure if you antenna isn't fixed one of us could meet you at the gate at a certain time you will be there. I don't like to wheel alone either. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. FWP

FWP CRS

Re: Butcher Jones,,Saturday \'n Sunday

Can't make it this weekend, gotta work Sat /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, otherwise, I'd be up for a fun run for the weekend...Have fun guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif...