Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Delete

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clarkjw24, May 21, 2005.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm trying to help a friends mom straighten out her 99 Grand Cherokee. The fan speed switch went out. Some one tried to fix it before I got there and I'm in need of some pics or info. When I got there nothing electrical in the dash would work. No lights, turn signals, wipers, horn, hazzard, etc. The park lights were staying dimly lit even with it switched off. Anyway the original problem was the fan switch. She finally went and bought a new one but I need to know what to hook where because I didn't remove it. Its got 2 wires (red and black) that I assume go to the fan. Then there are 3 wires that I don't know where they go. I've got an extra set of Black, Red, Brown/yellow stripe hanging under the dash. All of this is in the pass. foot, under the air box. I really just need to someone to give me a picture of the 3 wire harness out of the switch because the harness she bought was generic and doesn't use the same color wires. She just spent $500 on these parts so I hope someone out there could help me get her going again. She can't afford to take it to the dealership.

Also I got everything else working again except the head lights. When I turn them on the dash goes crazy just blinking. All the relays start clicking. The high beams will work if I hold the dimmer switch back. Any ideas? Here are pics of what I'm working on. Could someone take some pics of theirs still hooked up please.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2005
  2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

ttt please :xmas: