Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

delete

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Jul 5, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

jhgfds

Last edited: Jul 14, 2005
  2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

scrap prices??

I'd say any good running 350 motor and TH400 tranny would be hard to buy for 500 here...so it IS worth the money....

If your buying it for just the motor and tranny,and plan on parting the rest out,a lot of whether its "worth it" depends on how much scrap prices are in your area...here,they dropped the price for cars from a high of 90 bucks a ton in early may,to less than 50 now(place closest to me only pays 40 a ton now! :eek1: )...that cube van probably weighs 6000lbs fully intact easy--at least 2 tons after its stripped...so you'll only get 100 back for the carcass after its stripped,if prices are the same as here in your area..still,its not a bad deal if you can get a 350/TH400 for 300 or so when all is said and done.. :crazy:

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i wouldnt be scrapping it myself as i have no trailer, and all i could sell it to someoen for scrap is 50 at the MOST, after i was done with it

so thats why imi hoping maybe someone would be interested in the 14 FF or something else, hydroboost unit, etc, the big radiator, tilt auto column, windshield or doors or seats maybe,

its got a big step rear bumper too, that could be neat for a big trail runner 4x4 maybe

of course all the duallies would be a plus, i need them, are 16" single piece, for the 71 dually,

i never thought of that one,, hmm..

i dunno

any other thoughts ?

thanks

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

still unsure

like to find interest in the hydro brake unit or the axle or springs, or., maybe the box ? its almost fully enclosed cept for an opening down low in front wall to front cab area of the actual van(in which stops just behind front doors then the cube box attaches on back to rear bumper)

2wd dually rotors and spindles and upper arms all same as pickup ones, good column, seats, doors, dash stuff, etc,

or sell/trade whole rolling body minus engine tranny ?

this is borderline parts sale ad, cept isnt for sure thing, hum,

thanks

5. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

i might take the cube or atleast the rear rool up door if its in good shape
    if you could spare them i need 3 or 4 dually wheels give ya $100 for 4 of em
    or maybe your old wheels if theyre 19.5 one pieces

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

naa dont have any 19.5 right now, have in the past though, gone now, id take 100 for all the wheels yeah,

if the cube box/door ends up being what you can use then what is fair for that you think ?

im gonna go over there in a bit and see if he is home right now and talk for a bit

thanks

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

well now he wants 600 for it and there is some rust through down low behind rear wheels on cube box sides behind wheel arches i noticed

i cant spend 600, but does run good and ewverything, but hum,m.

thanks