Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

delete

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Jul 15, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

never mind, answered my own Q's

car runs excellent now with the 72 Q jet on it, if i were to be a guessing man id have to say that without feedback from an ESC HEI the carb was lost and running rich mode all the time,

so its now officially daily driver #3 around here yay, i need to find another one just like it in about a month, hmm,,

the carb was so rich that there was wet fuel in bottom of intake runners under carb base and the primary chokes were caked with black carbon crap and the exhaust was smoking real light colored smoke from all the excess fuel, so ill need new plugs now and hope the cat converter doesnt plug up from all the fuel crap going into it all this time

may have to hack it off

smoke is gone, hasnt done any of that at all ever since i put the older carb on it and its a strong good runner driver im very happy for the $ i gave her for the car, she thanked me for buying it and i thanked her for selling it pretty darn cheap only 480 bucks no rust and its totally loaded power seats windows locks mirrors trunk tilt cruise auto a/c and other neat stuff too sentinal lights, door lights, delay lights, am fm cassette all works good, everything intact :D

thanks