Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*delete*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, May 20, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

finally got it! thanks

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: What do you have to do to get money from someone!?

Damn /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I hope this work out for you soon

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

id tell them they have 1 week to get you your money then you are going to post there name for everyone to see /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    id tell them they have 1 week to get you your money then you are going to post there name for everyone to see /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly...

5. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did in the members area, guess he just doesn't care /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Maybe he will see this one /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

was that the gas tank we were considering going in on together /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif i hope not, but if so, thats why i backed out, didnt feel too comfortable with no answers for a week at a time, if so...thats sh***Y /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    was that the gas tank we were considering going in on together /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif i hope not, but if so, thats why i backed out, didnt feel too comfortable with no answers for a week at a time, if so...thats sh***Y /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope different guy, I did see your posts though, I thought about that tank also but I thought you and the other guy split up the tank and sender /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    That was going to be my backup, but no money kept me from posting up on that one.

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I was wondering when this might come up. Well the offending member is me.

Look, the way i see it we both fawked up. You said you weren't in any hurry, and I took that to mean that I could take my time. I've never been super quick about getting stuff shipped I guess cause I've always been overloaded with stuff to do. When you said that you weren't in a hurry, then I didn't jump right on it. And you left out a couple of items in your timeline.

First, the money order is sent and you say not to worry, you weren't in any rush. So I didn't. It's a PITA sealing, boxing, ect on a fuel cell that isn't supposed to be shipped anyways cause it's had gas in it. I had to get new cap fittings, pack, smell to see if you could detect it.

About the time that I was going to ship it...3 or 4 weeks into the deal granted, but I was of the thinking that time was not of the essence...you tell me that you want your money back and that you bought a new gas tank instead.

Ok, no prob, but I spent the cash trying to buy a running rig, and I need to resell the fuel cell to get some cash to send you. Finally a week and a half ago, I sold it and had a money order sent to walmart for me to pick up. The closest walmart to my house is about 30 miles and yesterday I finally got time to pick it up. Now I had good intentions, and so did you, but this is a bad case of misunderstandings. I HAVE NEVER DEFAULTED ON ANY DEBT THAT I'VE EVER HAD WITH ANYONE. So my question to you is what do i need to do to get this taken care of? I have your $225 in cash in my back pocket right now. I can take lunch and go to the usps and get a money order, or wire a walmart moneygram tonite, or whatever. Just let me know.

I admit I screwed up. My timleyness is something that I really need to work on. So if we could take this to PMs and get it worked out, i'd welcome that. And btw, you can kick my A$$ at the badlands next month if you want, I'll see ya there no matter what!

Btw, I didn't see your post in member forums.

Bryan

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Too late. I did it for him.

You sure are quick to jump in these things. I guess I should just be glad that you didn't threaten to break my legs like you did with Dan. Just remember, every story has at least 2 sides /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

10. jjlaughner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Well, like I said before I'm not mad about the deals going south, it just seems like it kept getting put off and put off. I understand putting things off, but when it comes to other peoples money and stuff I've sold I try to get it mail ASAP.
    At the time we talked about not shipping the tank you said you had another buyer for it locally too where you would not have to ship, so I figured that would easier for you and I mentioned the refund. A few weeks later, on Friday May 2nd, you sent me a PM saying you had put a MO in mail that day (and that you where not bringing the motor down), then a week later I PM you saying it hadn't showed up yet, and you replied no I haven't done it yet. So I was getting mixed messages with several days in-between the messages, so I was getting frystrated trying to keep communications going.

[ QUOTE ]
    Btw, I didn't see your post in member forums.

[/ QUOTE ]
    toward the bottom <---members area

[ QUOTE ]
    So my question to you is what do i need to do to get this taken care of?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Just send a Money order or check, from a gas station from the post office I'm not picky, it all spends /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    First, the money order is sent and you say not to worry, you weren't in any rush.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thats just me, I'm a nice guy to point, three months is pushing my being nice /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I know everyones got other things going on besides this online stuff, but business online can be tricky when you have money out of pocket and your sitting waiting on some to send something (even if its an email with an update), how many of these things come up on here from dealings here, on ebay or other boards of things gone bad, people stop talking and a week goes by and then start throwing names around (my first post about this thing was 5/9, then for a short time I had your name posted on an update on the 19th, I changed it when I posted this).

I did/do have another tank but it turns out the baffle in it is broken and I haven't found anyone to fix it yet. So I /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif doubt I will be at the Badlands unless I end riding with someone.

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm leaving to get a money order right now.

And you can ride with me in the badlands if you wanna...I'm out on the orange trail, but I'll try ALMOST anything.

12. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Yout got my respect buddy. You not only showed up and resolved the situation, you offered to get your ass beat and you're offering the guy a ride.

That's what a real man does. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    Yout got my respect buddy. You not only showed up and resolved the situation, you offered to get your ass beat and you're offering the guy a ride.

That's what a real man does. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no hard feelings, hell in one of my PM's I offered to bring the beer to attica if he sent me MO before then /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

My thoughts too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Btw, on the tank issue. The red K5 that I sold to HUSTLER on here had a brand new tank in it. He's just using it for drivetrain parts I think. This is where It could get good for you. He's in St. Louis and his friend Todd (bigdaddyof2) is coming to the badlands run I believe. Maybe you could hook something up for getting this tank from him? I know it won't help you much for this immediate run, but it's a possibility for the future. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    Btw, on the tank issue. The red K5 that I sold to HUSTLER on here had a brand new tank in it. He's just using it for drivetrain parts I think. This is where It could get good for you. He's in St. Louis and his friend Todd (bigdaddyof2) is coming to the badlands run I believe. Maybe you could hook something up for getting this tank from him? I know it won't help you much for this immediate run, but it's a possibility for the future. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What year tank? It needs to be one with the baffle for the TBI / fuel pump. What is he going to do with the frame? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I just checked the wanted board and my frame wanted is back at the top, HUstler with an 86 frame! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yeah it's an '86 truck, so probably not what youre wanting...but maybe the frame or something else will work out for ya!

On the cash issue, I got the money order issued by my bank yesterday and it'll go out with the company mail today. Thanks Jeremiah. Sorry for the suspense.

18. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Just an observation here - and I probably shouldn't be sticking my nose into something that's none of my beeswax (but this is a public internet discussion board /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) but ....
    Bryan - you're in Illinois;
    Jeramiah - you're in Indiana;
    Why the hell don't you guys just hook up in Terra Haute (sp) or something?? Last time I checked, those two states BORDER each other !! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Glad it worked out for both of you. BTW - I'm down here in Kentucky if ya wanta come down and kick my arse for buttin' in !! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    Bryan - you're in Illinois;
    Jeramiah - you're in Indiana;
    Why the hell don't you guys just hook up in Terra Haute (sp) or something?? Last time I checked, those two states BORDER each other !!

[/ QUOTE ]

$25 shipping or $125 in gas for a $200 fuel cell making it $325 /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

20. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm down here in Kentucky if ya wanta come down and kick my arse for buttin' in !!

[/ QUOTE ]

spent my 21st birthday at DejaVu, didn't know till I got there it was an 18 and up juice bar /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    was down there for the world of wheels and figured it would be a good place for a 21st birthday /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif