Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Delete

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by TruckNutzDude, Jan 11, 2004.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Well, tonight Widowmaker (Ryan) and I gutted my K5's interior and found that I had only the radiator support mounts holding my body to the frame, that I also had holes big enough to stand in and that my K5's body is pretty much junk /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So, after a little brainstorming and a call to a friend who's an inspector I'm considering going S-10 Hybrid I might just settle on a pickup cab because we all know that S-10 bodies are much narrower than a full size and the tires will be completely exposed and that's not legal here /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'd also consider fixing my existing tub, but unfortunately I don't have a welder or the fabrication skills to do so. If you can help me in any way, please reply or send me a PM. Thanks! -Rob-

2. TruckNutzDude

Re: I need a pickup cab or S-10 extended cab... anyone???

found a few cabs... thanks for all the PM's

3. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

rob, how bad is your body (i mean your k5 of course) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifi am finishing patching my floors and as with all projects i have some left over pieces, i also have a 220 mig if you would like some help......if your not super concerned about what the floors look like you could just buy sheet metal from a local steel co.....sounds like the right time to pull the fenders in an narrow your exsistng tub.......just my 2 cents......let us know how you make out /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

4. CTBlaz45

CTBlaz45 Registered Member

MY friend has an older S-10 extended cab he is thinking about getting rid of.

5. TruckNutzDude

I bought an '87 Blazer for the body but it's not in such good shape either. I thought it had good floors but it turns out it was bondo and aluminum /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Hopefully I can sell it for parts and get my $500 back /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I'm going to try patching the floors on my '89 myself when mother nature cooperates. I've got a crappy arc welder and I work in a sheet metal shop so I think I can handle most of the work. I've kind of dropped the S-10 idea since it would never be street legal.