Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nstarry, May 17, 2004.

1. nstarry

nstarry 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by nstarry

2. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Re: front axel options

$3000 should be about the cost for a brand new "built" axle out of the box. Have you looked in the boneyards? Find an old truck with the gears you want, buy the whole truck, take the axles and scrap the rest. Or bite the bullet and pay. Old axles are still good, they just look rusty!

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

uhhh who wants to rape you $3000 for a 60? You can find them for more like $1000, thats much more of a fair market price. If its a $3000 60 it better be a custom centersection, locker, perfect gears, forged inner Cs, forged knuckles

4. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

$3000... that must be a price from Boyce Equipment /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Really though, what is your budget and what does your truck currently ride on and what do you want to use the truck for?

Have you seriously looked for a D60 in you area and can't find one for under $3000? What part of Minnesota are you from? I will be moving to the Little Falls area next week. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. nstarry

nstarry 1/2 ton status

Re: front axel options *DELETED*

Post deleted by nstarry

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have about $800 in mine on top of the cost of the axle itself. I don't have 35 splines and flanges (edit, or hydro assist) yet but I've got everything else that I wanted.

If you run 35s now your 44 will be fine.

7. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I'll admit, they aren't cheap. I bought mine brand new in a crate for $600 and put quite a bit in it coverting it to SRW and getting all the little parts to install it it seems like every little part is $85 or more, but now that it's in I never have to worry about it breaking on me. You never said what part of Minnesota you're from , but if it's a rural area, keep your eyes peeled for some farmers old 1 ton SRW or DRW work truck up for sale. If your not going to run anything bigger than 35's for a while. Run it as a 1/2 ton or swap in your 3/4 ton axle while you take your time finding a cheap D60 and getting it ready to go in . The deals are out there, it just takes some time and a little luck to find them. Not too many hardcore wheelers in Iowa and Minnesota, but a lot of old farmers with broken down old work trucks sitting in there groves that are just waiting for someone to come by and offer them a little cash to take their "junk" away.