Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Deleted!!!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by thatK30guy, Jun 22, 2005.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

DELETED!!!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Those are sweet .. but they ain't cheap.

Plus, they's shiny :pimp: ... and shiny don't go with my rig :haha:

-- A

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

damn good idea but those are way to pretty for most of the guys here :D ;)

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

There's lots of ways to go on the knobs, I know crawltech has them and I've seen several other places at shows that have them. I'm putting together dash stickers instead. It could be an option for the kit but they are kind of pricy, no matter where you get them.

5. FWP

FWP CRS

You're kidding, right? :confused:

If you don't know what the shifters do, you shouldn't be driving it ;) .

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Not only that, but openly pimping another vendors product in the ORD forum is a major cheap shot IMO. :angry1:

Rene

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ehh, yer the mod, but in my eyes... i dont think its cheap. i know ORD is busy, but twin stick and tripple stick shifter knobs with lables have been asked for a few times. maybe it would take a low blow to get them made. i could go on about the tube doors "promised" for the past years and start there as well....

one could make a living off tube doors alone.... but i guess what the people ask for doesnt matter.

now, on a side note... im happy with the few ORD products i have. TOP work and quality along with tech support.... BUT the prices... SUCK in most cases... and the continued "yeah, we are working on those" tales....

once again, i know ORDis busy.... but i know the pocket book cant be hurting that bad to hire a couple peeps to make some in well demand products.
    grant

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I think you're taking the moderator act too seriously. You need to cool down a little. I never meant to take "cheap shots" at Stephen or ORD in any way. I was only "suggesting" rather than downright "telling" him to do this or that. Nothing wrong with giving ideas. No where does it say anything about voicing opinions and asking questions.

But if it makes you feel better, consider the post deleted. :angry1:

9. FWP

FWP CRS

I don't think Wes was pimpin anything, really :dunno: . I just think labels on shifters is, well... dumb :crazy: , besides, the confusing shifter thing is one of my anti-theft devices :grin: .

10. tRustyK5

Westy, I don't 'mod' this forum...that is up to Stephen. I do stand by what I said though. i think it was rude at the very least. This forum is ORD's exclusively. Had you posted what you did in the garage, or any other forum...fair game and good suggestion IMHO.

Rene

11. tRustyK5

It's so easy to sit in front of a computer and criticize how someone runs their business, which products get priority regarding R&D, as well as pricing concerns. I'd suggest walking a mile or two in Stephen's shoes before doing so though. I don't recall Stephen posting up telling you how you should run your life, or how many hours you should work in a week...etc etc.

Maybe you're assuming the ORD shop is an unlimited size, or that skilled labor is not in short supply in CO? Yeah, tube doors would probably be a good seller, but with the limited mark-up you could expect from them would it be worth the room, manpower, and shop space taken up? Probably not. Lets be honest, almost anyone with a bender and a welder can throw a set together for about $100...there is no money in them.

If you don't like what a vendor does, or don't like their prices that's fine. Vote with your wallet, or if you feel the need call them up and tell em what you think. I still do not think coming into that vendors forum and stirring things up is right.

All i'm saying is that there is a time and a place for everything, and having a little class goes a long way.

Rene

12. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The reason I left this is we don't build the knobs and may or may not in the future, so it's not a conflict of interest at this point.
    I do appreciate the support.