Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

delimma need help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shupach, Jan 27, 2003.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

ok well im building this 406 sbc for the truck and i decided to go radical on the cam since it will mainly be in mud bogs etc, therefore i ordered the Comp Cams 4x4 cam w/ 226/234 duration at .050 and lobe separation of 111 degrees. I also purchased a TBI system at a junkyard from a 91 350 suburban. I called to get a custom chip burned and it turns out there is no way the TBI can handle the cam, therefore i really dont wanna downgrade the cam and i also dont wanna lose the TBI, but the more i think about it the more i could make a carb work. Right now i have a holley 750 lying around the house that would be perfect. do you think i can pull it off w/ the carb? and what is everyones experience w/ the new Truck Carb.

phill

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I think the carb will work fine for mudding since that is mostly flat out strait racing. The problem I have encountered is that the center hung floats on the holley's like your 750 should have, are not very good in "off camber" situations. flooding, stalling, and stuff. Holley makes a "off road bowl coversion" for these style carbs. cheaper than buying a new carb. Part # 34-3.