Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

delivered the auto traders today, BS.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Jul 1, 2005.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my wife does it for extra loot on fridays.she had surgery one monday so i took the day off to help her.what a POS gig that is.we got up at 4.15 so we could make it to the ghetto ass place we pick them up.this route is all 7-11's so i'm thinking it wont be to bad.HA we made it to the first one at 8.00, then she had a doctors app at 9.15 21 miles the wrong way. :mad: we left there at 10 21 miles BACK to where we were just to hear the clerk bitch cuz we were late.they treat you like your white trash( chick what do you own working here? i have a house,property, 2 trucks,a van, a not in the bank.SORRY guys).anyway that job sucks. 117 miles and 9 hours total and i threw away at least 500 books into the recycle bin. :confused: NEVER AGAIN. :grin:

2. google

google 1/2 ton status

And what did you make in 9 hours of ruthless 7-11 abuse and 10 gallons of gas?

3. boggerless

$76.04. no kidding, that jobby job is over for her.WTF? i didn't tell her today she's quitting, but i think she knows by my gradually increasing anger. :grin:

4. google

google 1/2 ton status

So, after gas, you're looking at $55, roughly, dealing with traffic, being looked at like a poon from wellfare breeders, and putting mileage on your car..... That is a rip off. I'd of thrown them all away too.

5. boggerless

i've been at my job for twenty years and i deal with the dregs of society. but i don't treat them the way some of them did today. i respect the people that deliver the traders now. i always thought an employee of trader delivered them. it's just like the news paper. :grin:

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Delivering phone books works the same way. A friend of my wife, she did that for a few years.. She'd stuff all these yellow page books in a little jap crap car, and damn near break the suspension, drive all over God's creation, deal with idiots, and make a pittance in the end.

It was tough to make her see that her small car forced her to make too many trips, so she really lost money on the deal.

Tom

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

haha.... I was reading the dictionary last night at work... Tom Dick and Harry is in there... meaning "everyone" in a few more words... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry for off topic, but seeing "all over God's creation" makes me laugh and reminded me of Tom Dick and Harry :cool1:

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Another "good" job for ya!

I see an ad in our local paper looking for drivers--to "deliver meals to elderly residents"...does not sound too difficult...WRONG!--I knew a one guy who came to our house to do just that when my mother was real sick 5 years ago--I asked him if it was a "good" job--he just smiled and said--yes and no!--yes,its a good job if you like banging on doors for 15 minites until they finally hear you knocking--and like hearing them complain the food is cold,and sucks!--then many of the elderly cant get back up the stairs,or into bed,and he has to help them!--one lady had him empty her bedpan!..then they want you to help clean the house,run to the store and get me some suppositories,etc..sounds like a fun job...NOT! :doah:

He said he starts his day by going to a Holiday Inn hotel,where they pick up the food--it is actually airline food from Eastern Airlines!...then,after stuffing about 100 meals into his car and trunk,he drives about 50 miles a day to deliver them..some folks dont get "lunch" until 3pm,with all the traffic jams here lately!...he said he gets 8 bucks an hour,plus 50 cents a mile for "expenses"..any "Undelivered food" has to go back to the hotel!(I dont think I'll be eating there! :eek1: ).I dont think that job will be one I will apply for!...

I'd rather deliver newspapers!--at least all you have to do is put it in a box or on the porch--( the guy who brings mine just flings it into the driveway most of the time--and never seems to put them in a plastic bag when its raining--and it always lands in a puddle!---guess good help is hard to find theese days--I cant understand why??they get SO much money for what they do! :confused: :rolleyes: )..