Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

delusional jeep guys

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by vortec, Jun 5, 2005.

1. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

who here has encountered the arrogant jeep guy one too many times? one tried to follow me through a mud hole a few days ago, and buried his diffs. not uncommon. i've done it. but instead of thanking me for pulling him out, or just saying nothing, the little tool started whining about how much better jeeps are and that the only reason my k5 made it was because i have a lot more power and the extra weight gave me traction. i've never heard anyone insult something by saying it is superior to their own. moron. if i can admit that jeeps, tacomas, hummers, blazers, z71's, etc. all have a place offroad, why can't this little tool admit he got stuck the same way any solid axle truck can (and probably will)? i like my k5 but i don't cruise around bashing everyone else's stuff or claiming mine is the best ever made. just doesn't make sense. it just seems like there are too many insecure jeep guys out there with diarrhea of words and constipation of ideas.

this is really just some pointless venting, so i'm sorry if you read this with expectations of anything more. ha.

2. google

google 1/2 ton status

I'll still make fun of Fords. By the way, saw 3 broncos on the side of the highway with hoods up on my way to work today. One had a Tempo trying to pull it :confused:

3. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

ahh ya i know a guy like that. jeep stuff is super strong and will never break all that bit. u should of pushed his ass off back into that hole and left him there. thats what i would of done

4. captaininsano

captaininsano 1/2 ton status

Heapers are douche bags

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, thats how my dislike of jeeps began... after a bunch of exposure to jeep elitists. Sad fact is, the most capable jeeps on the trail are chevies with some heep body panels on them. Never understood a guy who considered himself a "jeep guy" and he ran a 350/th350 and chevy sourced axles...

j

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Yup, that negative attitude towards anything non-jeep was what led me to drop out of the local 4x4 club here. Not all members were that way, but there was a group of them that were very involved in the club that were. it was enough to take the fun out of it for me.

Ironincally i wasn't the only one to quit at that time. the other person that quit has a CJ7...with complete GM drivetrain including D60, 14 bolt, TBI 350 etc etc.

Rene

7. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

yeah, a friend of mine is borderline. he claims carbs are crap, and efi is the only way to go. yet his jeep computer keeps leaving him stranded on the highway. funny how my 23yr old q-jet has never given me any trouble. neither has my 94 c1500's tbi, for that matter. woohoo chevy. (yeah, i'm brand loyal some, but i'm not a jerk about it.)

8. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Ive met asshats that drive just about everything. Its not just jeepers, there just happens to be a lot more of them so we encounter the high and mighty ones more often.

9. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

elitists are never fun, luckily in the crowd i'm with we all rag on each other, but that's about it... hell a samurai with stock drivetrain on 35's yanked my heavy ass out of a hole... embarassing, but funny what that little 1.3L 4Cyl can do :P

10. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

..l..
    ..l..
    ..l..
    \.l./
    ..v..

11. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

My mother just bought a 92' Jeep Wrangler..... 4banger.... this is gonna be fun.. lol

12. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Most of the guys I run with in my club have Jeeps. They brag about how bad they all are. Of course they can't believe how easy my K5 makes of the obstacles they just spent 15 minutes trying to get up :grin:

I always like to piss them off by telling them how cute there Jeep is :) And that my Sister has one just like it!!

13. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

I haven't run into any on the trail really, but there is a guy on another forum with an avatar that says jeep-eats chevy's, ****s fords. That in itself wouldn't really bother me except that this is the list of mod's in his sig:

'93 YJ Bluish green I6
    4.0 5 speed manual
    1 1/4" shackel and 1" body lift
    31x10.50 all country at
    Neoprene seat covers
    new gears in the tranny
    Took off the vinyls
    Fog ligts
    Light bar with 4 Driving Lights

Seems to me anyone who's mechanical/fabrication skills have taken them to the dizzying heights of installing neoprene seat covers, taking off vinyls (Whatever the hell that means. To me it would mean "ran into a rock with the side of my rig"), and the ultimate in trail performance enhancment "light bar with 4 driving lights" (which I'm guessing was installed by his local 4wheel parts store) ought to be a little more humble.

Call it a pet peeve, but it did tick me off.

14. google

google 1/2 ton status

You should put a post next to one of his saying that or just making fun. Then post your mods as

Blazer
    40in mudders with jeep light bar and 4 driving lights stuck in the tred
    Neoprene seat covers to help with traction in the mud
    Fog lights to help see the Jeep i'm wenching out
    All black with "bluish green" scratchs on the rockers

15. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Most of the guys I wheel with have Jeeps. They range from modified Rubicons to bone stockers, both new and old. Most of them are pretty good guys and we trade the ribbing but it is all good natured. We all get stuck and all help each other out. :D :D

It is a good thing acouple of those Jeeps have winches, or I'd still be stuck. :D :D

I has to laugh at the guy we helped who flopped his rig on its side. He had anti-Chevy stickers all over the tail gate. Silly furd!
    [​IMG]

:D :D :D :D :D

16. colbyjack

colbyjack Registered Member

i know we all have are opinions about didderent 4x4's. i still stay stock to stock jeep is going to do more off road then any other truck. i have a jeep, do i make fun of the chevy guys sure, do i make fun of the ford guys sure who dont. i owned 3 chevys and one olds. i know there junk hehehehe anyway. im sorry you have a negative attitude toward us jeepers. most jeepers are web wheelers or wannabe rice burners. id never leave someone stuck or broke down. i hope i get the chance to wheel with u guys. i agree some of the jeep guys are all talk and bad mouth everyone. those guys are f@gs. ive had my winch since january and ive winched out more chevys than jeeps, i dont go around saying chevys are junk. so for one to say all jeep guys are douche bags, thats not right. all that shows is your imbread toothless IQ of 3 with no college education stupid way of thinking. hey this is a chevy site and i dont come on here bashing you guys. i came on here to meet new people and to wheel with all makes of 4x4's. ask beast im not a rude cocky jeeper. again im sorry my fellow jeepers are idiots and ill say sorry for their ignorance. i hope we all can get along off road. practice safety first, 2nd keep the beer in the cooler till were done wheeling. some of us wants to make it home and see are familys. ill be glad to offer you chevy guys a cold one in the parking lot. but sorry i wont wheel with ya or get ya out if your getting smashed while wheeling. this jeep guy tries to learn from every outting. if its different lines or how to fix a part what ever. i bring plenty of tools but i learned from beast last time i need to bring more fluids. again thanks ben and kelly for helping out this broke down jeeper. ben when ever you need to get winched out just give me a holler. ill try my best to make these a hole jeep guys look a little better. again sorry that 90% of the jeep guys talk trash and are web wheelers and they shoulda done us all a favor and bought a civic s type.

give me a holler sometime and lets go wheeling, ill show ya how fun a good group of jeep guys and gals can be. - chris

17. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I dont understand the whole brand loyalty thing. I think every manufactuer(sp?) has had some really good vehicles and some that never should have existed. I have owned 2toyotas, 2chevys, 2Fords and 1dodge and I have liked all of them. The day I am brand loyal is the day someone pays me to be! I think the reason you see more a$$hats driving jeeps is they are easy to get, easy to make capable by paying someone to install some lockers, long arm suspension, etc. etc. And once they do this stuff they think they are some bad mothers and can drive through or over anything and no one can tell them different. Although I have a buddy that drives a very well built jeep and has for years, and he does all his mods himself (kinda), and he is always telling me how retarded I am for wasting time and money on a big useless K5, so I could be wrong?

18. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i say the same thing i just pick the right croud an everone will have a good time - and i have never been on a bad run

and for people like that in a little (jeep) who says you need to unhook them just drag them thuew the rest of the trail :blush: :grin: :grin:

19. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What I usually do is....
    Take a bunch of pics while you're pulling on him..
    Then post'm'up...
    Next...send him a link!!!!

Some of the Jeep guys I wheel with....
    have been considering k5's over the last year...
    I guess my rigs been spanking them jeeps to much. :D :grin:

20. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]