Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Demolition derby---what an adrenaline rush!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIGRIG, Jul 22, 2002.

1. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

I just got done doing my first demo derby! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I took first place in the consolation round(losers of the heats /forums/images/icons/frown.gif ) got me a trophy and almost won the finals. Man talk about letting out some aggresion /forums/images/icons/mad.gif . And just to make everyone proud I beat the CRAP out of a lincoln 77 continental!(not gonna ruin a chevy of course) I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Chris

2. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

I built a car for that in high school... was a big pontiac...

too bad the racetracks around here closed...

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

haha, me and 2 friends spent 39 hours straight to get ours done friday nite. we ended up blowin a head gasket bfore it even started so it stayed on the trailer. so now we got 3 to get rready for august.

NITRO

4. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

Now I dont feel so bad about the teacher smoking a bearing on the first turn for its test run.....

at least it got off the trailer.... Did you go back and do it again? Or would you...

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Congrats on the win in the consolation heat. Sweet time isn't it. Last fall I did it at the local fair with an 83 Monte Carlo. Came in 3rd in my heat and was the only one running at the end. I was DQ'ed for not hitting a car within 60 seconds (I had two flat rears, and ended up against the jersey barriers they used for keeping the cars confined, but motor and tranny were good). 3 of us left....One guy hit me and then the other running car tagged him and died. I tried moving but still couldn't so the guy waiting hit me again and waited his 60 seconds and won just as his radiator blew and the car died. They removed all the other cars, pulled me away from the barrier and I drove out on two flats. I was going to put the spares on and go into the "last chance" heat, but there was not enough running cars to make it worth it for Stoney Roberts (the people that ran the demo). I'll see if I can find any pictures of my car at work today and scan them in. I suggest anyone considering doing this to do it as it is a ton of fun....and a huge adrenaline rush /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

we got 3 chrysler's with the police packages on the way. i wont b driving...im just the mechanic/ test run man /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif but this time, we are gonna do them during the day and not all the nite bfore.

NITRO

7. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Awesome! Demos are quite the experience. Like Leadfoot said he was in one last year, so I got to get a closer look at the whole situation. Only thing is that it was quite the nailbiting experience watching him get smashed into! He did a really good job fot his first time at it!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

thanks.... it was a total rush! I learned it's not bad when you hit somebody but when they hit you it sucks! especialy when you dont see it coming. I'm thinking about doing it again next year..the cars not REAL bad.
    I had one guy who was after me with a vengence and i had never seen him before. He would actually drive around people just to hit me( it was weird) but anyway the ironic thing was that my front bumper got torn off and he drove over it and it went right through his radiator! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif haha!

I'm still dead sore and softball practice was tues. so I'm loaded on aspirin! But I'd do it again anytime /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris

9. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Heres the pic.
    [​IMG]
    If that doesn't work go here.
    http://coloradok5.com/albums/Leadfoot/abd.sized.jpg

I'm second from the right with the Dale Earnhardt dialed in t-shirt (notice the number on the car) "A tribute"
    Noangel is third from the left with the "spenders", My two best buds (the one to my left is Chad with the shades, he is the one that helps with my lawncare side business, and to my right is Andy, the ASE certified in just about everything mechanic). The guy and girl on the far left are Lyle and Kari (Andy's sister, and Lyle is a fellow truck puller).
    And I started a new tire company......