Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dent pullers

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by Stomper, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I'm looking at buying a stud gun, similar to this.....style, anyway.
    [​IMG]

Any pro's have a recomendation for a good quality kit that isn't to hard on the pocket book? I'd say cheap but I do want it to last.:D

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. Stomper

That store is actually where I got the pic:D I don't need the most expencive gun for just hobby type work, but I do want it to last and that one looks to be in my price range. Glad to hear that it works well also:D It looks like my old boss's snap-on gun from 10 plus years ago.

4. ryoken

well, yeah, same for snap on mig welder, pretty decent welders, at double the price they should be.. :doah:

honestly, i don't know, you may be able to pick something up for 200 or less, i haven't hunted em. but maybe one of the our guys that works in a shop daily these days will have better info than me..

i went from having the earliest setups at the bodyshop back in the late 80's to just the occasional borrow sidework thing with them..

heck, i've been known to use an oldschool hole/slide hammer and mig up the holes when i'm too lazy to run and borrow it... :wink1:

5. Stomper

Yea, I thought about drilling holes and then welding but I hate drilling when I don't need to. Can't get any type of sealer, paint on the back side and rust is thy enemy:D

If you'd want to ask around,I'd sure appreaciate it:D Otherwise, I'll keep surching;)

6. ryoken

true... But I generally try to do my customers right.. :wink1: Ahh, who am i kidding, its a damn Taurus or something usually, car'll be long dead before thats an issue... :haha:

yeah, I'll peek around, maybe i'll give my bud still in the biz a jingle tommorrow night...

7. Stomper

Thanks bro...... Appreciate your expertise:thumb:

8. gauder

gauder Banned

9. berserker

berserker 1/2 ton status

we use one called a stinger it works very well, was 500 off the snap on truck so anywhere else that would sell it would prob be cheaper. note never hold trigger more than 1 second, if you twist the head of the stud with pliers or vise grips they will come right off.

10. atomicdog

atomicdog Registered Member

The stinger is an awesome tool but pricey.Try autobodytoolmart.com a stud gun is what i use and has never failed me,ten plus years. Just remember drilling and slidehammering is hard on the metal and will stretch it very easily then you have the heat shrinking to mess with not to mention all the holes and the backside as mentioned earlier. The stud gun uses a small amout of heat and does not warp as bad either if your carefull. get the stud gun youll use it more than you think.