Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Denver area junkyards?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fredekr, Jan 9, 2003.

1. fredekr

fredekr Registered Member

Quick question: which Denver area junkyards have people had good luck with for Blazer parts? I have a 77; I'm looking for odds and ends (window regulators, dome lights, etc).

thanks for any suggestions!
    Kevin

2. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

The Bone Yard...One of the guys that run it has a ColoradoK5.com sticker on his rig, so I'm pretty certain he hangs out in here occasionally. They have several Blazers there that have not been completly stripped. I've been there a few times, and the prices have been good, and they know Blazers. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

Where is the Bone Yard located at? Sounds like a pretty good resource for those of us too lazy to look it up in the phone book! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

close to the colosium....on Jackson street
    Sorry, I'm not from Denver, I know how to get to the place, but not positive of street names. I think Its vasquez street that you go N on from 70 to about 52nd street...go west about 2 blocks to jackson...go N
    That will either help, or get you really lost /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

Sounds like right where Boot Hill is. They also seem to have a pretty good stock of 70's and 80's Chevy trucks and Blazers on hand. At least one of there employees has a '90 or '91 K5 with 1 ton gear, trimmed, lifted, tires, etc... Nice capable rig and I'm sure he'd be a great resource. I've got his card somewhere, think his name is Scott? Anyway, another possibility in the same area.

6. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

@#%&, I feel stupid....It is Boot Hill, The guys name is Johnny, and his website is www.BootHillUsedPickupParts.com
    Sorry, theres another junkyard called Bone Yard about two blocks from there, but they ain't got squat. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. fredekr

fredekr Registered Member

Yer in trouble, trouble1!! My fiance has some spare time at work today so she chased down "Bone Yard", which is not in the phone book, but is 303-295-3534. And, as you said, they don't have much: no Chevies right now, and they do mostly 1993 to present. So my fiance says "thanks for wasting my time! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif "

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Just kidding ya. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Thanks for the tip on Boot hill! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

One thing's for sure, I'm lucky to have a fiance who'll call junkyards for me!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here's the rest of her research, in case it saves anyone else calling around:

- Speedway Auto Wrecking
    (303) 893-1153 Local: (303) 833-0332
    4394 Weld County Road 12
    Erie Colorado, 80516 --- pull-it-yourself yard: Has Chevy, big stuff and little stuff they'll help. Hours are M-F 8 to 5, Sat 8 to 9.

- Erie Auto Salvage (next door - NOT pull-it yourself but might as well try since we're there)

- A&A Auto - 3030455-4141 - 2180 W 60th Street (Federal & 76) Not a pull it yourself - but lots of Chevy parts disassembled and on shelves: 1977 door panels, window rollup regulator, etc.

- The Bone Yard -303-295-3534 - no Chevy, not pull-it-yourself, 1993 cars and up.

- AK Truck - 303-296-2966 5390 Adams, Denver - Has Chevy parts only big stuff, trannies, motors

- Chevy Pickup - 303-287-9716 7481 Kearney, Commerce City (72nd & Hwy 2) near checker auto parts. M-F 8:30 to 4:30 Has a couple of 73 through 79 K-5 sitting there.

cheers,
    Kevin

8. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

You could add Chevy truck parts if you can find them your doing good.

Colorado used auto on south Santa fe I think thats the name
    Theres some around Evans one is called AAA toyota or 4x4 now they get some axles at lest they used to. they is a pick and pull of Fedral north of I-76 they have some stuff I saw one or two K5's in there what year I'm not sure.

Eric

9. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status