Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Denver area salvage yards

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scott87, Jan 1, 2002.

1. scott87

scott87 Registered Member

Could anyone suggest some good salvage yards to check out in the Denver area? I'm starting a hunt for a rear axle for my 87 K5.

2. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

Check Peoria and 33rd right off of I-70. I cant remember the yards name, but it is down on 33rd. What are you looking for?

3. scott87

scott87 Registered Member

I'm starting to look for a 12 bolt, 3.73 ratio, mid 70's issue. Not set on that for sure (a FF14 bolt would be nice, probably too much axle for me right now), but that's where I'm starting out.

4. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

That yard is called Pull n Save. I frequent it often it's about 5 blocks away from my work. They have weekend specials, sometimes rear ends for $20 plus a $10 core. Pretty cheap. Normally they are $80 any other time. The Chevy section gets rotated out about every 3 weeks.

Later Ed

Get use to the view.
    Because, if your not the LEAD DOG the view never changes.

5. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

My buddy just pulled one out of his blazer. That is a 12 bolt with 3.73. Let me know and I can get in touch with him. He live in Arvada.

Donovan
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rustbucket.rockcrawler.com>www.rustbucket.rockcrawler.com</a>
    Got Leafs??

6. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

I also have a 10 bolt front w/ 3.73's out of my '85. $25 it's yours. I need the room in the garage. The wife seems to think she needs to park in thier because it's winter or something like that.

Later ED

Get use to the view.
    Because, if your not the LEAD DOG the view never changes.

7. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

Yeah Pull N Save, thanks man. Do you know if the spring perch width changed when they went to the newer 88-up trucks from the older 73-87 trucks? Like if I wanted to swap in a 14FF into my 92 Blazer. Thanks.

Hey this is FUN!

8. iceman

iceman 1/2 ton status

Yes, they did move the spring perches and shock mounts in 88 I have a friends 10 bolt out of a 94 and it fits nothing I have go figure. Are you doing a complete re-work of your rig? I believe the frames are wider in the later years as well. Iceman