Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Denver Emmisions testing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clstolten, Nov 4, 2002.

1. clstolten

clstolten 1/2 ton status

I am looking at buying an 85 K5 Blazer, and would like to know what problems I may have when I have the emmisions tested. It has 35" tires(I think this is a problem but I am not sure). It has the 350 engine that is supposed to have all original equipment, but it doesn't have the catalytic converters(I know I will need to install these). What emmisions devices should I look for on the engine? It has glasspacks on it. Will these fail a visual inspection? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I have an '84 I put 35s on and had no problems with inspections. All the rest is original so I'm not sure what you might have to get. Easiest way is to take it in and see what they want you to change. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. NetBlazer

NetBlazer Registered Member

Mreetz,

When was the last time you got smog tested? A buddy of mine just took his Toy pickup with 35's this weekend to the smog station off Kipling and Chatfield and they told him that as of 1/1/2002 they won't test anything with tires larger then 34" and they sent him on his way /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. We may have to swap in some smaller tires for him and try again tomorrow. Hope it's not true since I'm looking at some 35's for mine real soon. Guess I'll just have to hang onto the ol' 33" for smog day /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Sean

4. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

It was before that. Good to know tho, I'll have to find some for my inspection next year.

5. NetBlazer

NetBlazer Registered Member

I have a set of 31's in the garage, mounted and ready if you need to borrow them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I'll keep you in mind for next year! I also need to get my '84 in to swap an engine, may see you sooner..... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif