Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Denverites...Need Some Help Next Weekend...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by K5 NUTT, Aug 5, 2004.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Here's the deal...me being the Chalet nut and all...have located a cheaper than dirt /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Chalet camper in denver...i have a trailer and a suburban /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif to get it home with...but i'll need 3 or 4 fellow members to help remove said chalet from its K5 and onto my trailer for its journey back to grand junction...

Let me know if anyone can help out with this task...i'll buy the beer...

Hoping to do this deal next saturday as i will be in boulder this weekend doing my army reserve /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif thing...and the army provides the bus so we are not allowed to drive our POV.

Doug Wright
    970-250-3800

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

What time?

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Yeah, what time? If you can do it early Saturday, I can help and I will have Blazerguy with me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I was going to wait on the time frame deal until i could figure out what worked out best for the help...

So what time works best for everyone who can help?

DW

5. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Let me know what time too and I'll see what I can work out.

6. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Name the time and place, I'll help if needed.
    Z /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

The denver chalet is in thornton...off of thornton parkway approx 10 miles outside of denver...whereever that might be. Only been to denver three or four times so i'll have to do the mapquest thingy to get myself there...

headin out for reserve duty in a few hours so i'll start doin the meeting place and time deal monday...

Was thinkin 9 to 10 am time frame...but can do earlyier if donor chalet owner wants to...so let me know if 9 or 10 works dosen't work on saturday the 14th....

Will be in Boulder this weekend for drill...never been there...will be free after 5 pm for dinner or a couple beers if anyone lives in the area...don't know which hotel uncle sam is putting us in sat so my cell is 970-250-3800. Phone will be off once i arrive at the reserve center...will check messages around lunch time...

DW /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

TTT?

Need to firm up the help for saturday guys....who's in or out?
    PM me if you are in and i can call you friday night to let you know its a go and make sure we are all on the same sheet of music...

DW

9. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So, How did the chalet do on the trip back?
    Z /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

BTW, there is a Chalet for sale on South Santa Fe/85 heading towards Castle Rock. Didn't get a chance to stop due to mucho traffic!!!

11. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

We stopped for fuel at the next exit after remembering gas is 20 cents cheaper in denver...while we were at it we tried to make a support for the front of the camper...which broke apart as soon as we headed out of the gas station...so we criss crossed the straps and made tracks for GJ....made it there around 5pm....no problems except for the lack of a/c in the burb...thanx again for everyones help! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

We are leaving the chalet on the trailer and as we are able to save up enough gas money we are just going to deliver it to the new owner...fellow ck5 member SOLAZK5..... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

DW