Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Deodarent question...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jul 5, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay, I hope this isn't to personal, but I don't have a dad to ask, so I have to ask you guys...
    What kind of deoderant do you use? I have this Gillete power stripe stuff, and after 10 hours of shopping (3 hours) and working outside I can smell myself /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    Obvisly the deodarent is crap, but I do sweat alot. Any suggestions? It's getting warmer out now, and I don't want to smell like B.O. when there is hot wimmen around /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Sorry, I can't help you with your question. I don't wear the stuff- I've never needed it. Even after a 12 hour shift crawling around in ditches wearing FR coveralls there's nary a hint of odor from my pits....... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

My wife calls me a freak of nature and jokes that if I were an animal I'd never get a chance to mate. Lucky for me I'm not, I guess.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow, your lucky. I usually sweat in one minute of running or playing a sport, I am a bit out of shape, but otherwise, I just sweat like a pig /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

mitchum "so effective you could skip a day"

that makes it so i sweat everywhere else but my armpits. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm not saying I don't sweat, brother. On a hot day I'll drink about 8 litres of water to avoid dehydrating because I sweat like crazy in my work clothes. I'm just telling you that my sweat doesn't lead to the onset of B.O.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Oooh okay. I understand. Could it maybe be I'm not drinking enough water? I don't usually drink anything when I am working outside unless someone brings it to me /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I use Speed Stick, have since I started wearing the stuff, put it on in the morning and by say 6 or 7 when I decide to hit the town or whatever if I really care I reapply. Just keep some in your glovebox.

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I use the Right Guard Xtreme sport solid, i really like it, although as you say, after a long duration of busyness, it does tend to break down, but nothing a quick "re-swipe" won't help out, but usually by that time, it's sittin in front of the computer time and nobody but myself smells it anyways. So who cares.

Basically i personally have found that the deodorants with the antibacteria fighting formula seem to work the best for fighting odors, as far as sweating,,,your not going to stop that, and i would not really try to stop it either, this is a natural way to cool the body from overheating.

Keep sweating,,,just don't stink up the place. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I wear right guard Xtreme. its the only deodorant that keeps me from smelling bad. I have several female friends who think i have a pleasing smell, so i guess it works well.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I just go to the store and pick one, I have never been picky.

Whatever it is, my girlfriend likes the smell of it, I can never smell it anyway so if she likes it that's fine with me.

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I know I can't stop sweating, but I want to stop the smell /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    Maybe since 2 of you guys are using the right guard Xtreme, i will try that /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Old Spice Red Zone White Powdery Gel Stuff

Makes an RJ non stinky (and that's hard)

13. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I usually just put a couple of Maxi Pads in my shirt....the sticky tape keeps them in place....and I feel fresh and confident all day..... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I still sweat, especially now with the back brace i have to wear, but i smell good, and thats what counts.

15. dirtyburb

dirtyburb Registered Member

if i dont use deoderant i am qiite rank. i use rightguard clear stick it works great and the laddies like the way it smells

16. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Going after the laddies eh?

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I use Gillete clear gell and Irish Spring soap.

18. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Going after the laddies eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Guess im kinda like you. I sweat at the slightest abount of effort. Always been that way. I have NEVER found a deodorant that keeps me from smelling after 4-6 hours let alone 10+ and ive probably tried them all. I prefer the spray type to the roll-on or stick type. I currently use Airraid but noticed if I switch brands every couple months that seems to help. The odor is bacteria that lives in your body. Cant get rid of it, its always going to be there. I would suggest just try some different types over a couple months and see what works best for you. The thing that works best for me is several showers /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I tried using the gel stuff, once, and when I put it on, always to much came out, so when I put my shirt on, it would have stains in the armpit region /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I'd have showers 2-4 times a day, but usually I never have time. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif