Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dept. of Motor Vehicles blows chunks!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by justhorsinaround, Feb 6, 2006.

1. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So I finally had the time after work to go and get our flatbed trailer inspected and registered.

I get to the DMV and am in line to be inspected. That goes surprisingly well but when I go to pay the fees the doors are locked tight. I read the sign that says the office doesn't close until 5 but they stop giving those little wait your turn tickets at 4:30. It was 4:32 when I tried the door.

Once again I have to wait until another day to drag the flippin thing back down to the DMV so I can liscense it and then have the inspector put the little VIN number sticker on it wherever they do that.

The next trip will be the fourth time I've drug that trailer down there illegally.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's always annoying trying to get things done when you have the time... cause when you do, they are closed.

When I was working regular hours M-F I left the house before any Gov't offices were open, got home long after they had since closed, and weekends I was always gone so their Sat. morning hours of operation were of no use to me.

3. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

IME goin to start folloeen ju.:haha:

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

See that's the kicker there, Allan. The office that is fifteen minutes away isn't open on Saturdays. The only ones that are, are anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour.

I hate Scottsdale. I hate Scottsdale. I hate Scottsdale.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Seeing as how I work in Scottsdale , I concur , but only for the Nort End of Scottsdale , working stiff below Indian School are cool :D

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

i don't,,,,thats where Jenna Jameson lives :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

Wisconsin is the best state to regeister anythign.... trailers under 3k lbs doesnt need a plate or title... and if its above that ya just apply for the right weight... never had any problems... boat regestration is the best, very easy, same thing for snowmobiles... there really isnt any titles for theses... just a regrestration card.... and if its stolen, when the vin is tried to be regestered, it wont be allowed, unless it dont have one, then it goes off the regrestration #