Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Desert Racing

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Scoob311, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Scoob311

Scoob311 Registered Member

Team Scoob recently particpated in the Baja 250 FInishing 7th out of 15 in
    class 8. But sad to say that is the last race I will be in for awhile since
    i'm getting transfered to San Antonio...Any racing sanctions in central Texas? I
    will be taking my race truck with me. The K5 guy that came up to me and
    looked at my truck at Parker, sorry I didn't get to chat more we were kinda
    behind the time schedule, then we broke a rear axle and went straight home
    from there. I haven't forgot about the mod list I am still working on it and
    I will post here when it's done, it's up to 3 pages right now, and we had to
    do alot of mods for San Felipe. If I don't get time now, I'm sure I will
    have time when I get to SA. P.S. anybody in the Tucson/Arizona area need some blazer parts...

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Thats allright Scoob...i know how race weekends are...Moose is the guy i was asking about...he owns Toybox Offroad... went home also after the poker run due to damage to his 73 Ferd Courier...didn't make the race the following weekend but made the Laughlin race and won.

As it is right now i think the courier is getting retired and his 76 K5 is going to take over the racing duties....once completed that is.

It was nice to meet you and good luck in Texas!

Azblazer

3. A&P

A&P Registered Member

Hey Scoob,
    My name is Ben. I live in S.A. and love it down here. I don't know if you've been here before, but it's a really nice place to live. The coast is so close and there's a section of beach on North Padre Island called "Big Shell Little Shell". It's open to Off Road Vehicles. Anyway, toss me a line and maybe we can do a little off roadin' sometime after you get down here. Also, if you want to hook me up with those spare blazer parts, I'd be more than willing to give them a good home. Me and a couple of my friends go up to a place called the slab in central TX. If you do a search, there are a couple of posts with links to pictures of what it looks like. It's a blast. I hope you enjoy it here. My e-mail is buggybuilder@hotmail.com
    -Ben

4. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Hey Scoob, good to see you on here.... A buddy an I drove 9 hours to San Felipe for the race.... I cant believe i missed you. Bummer... i thought i got pics of all the Blazers there. Wish id have gotten to see you run. Anyway... keep us posted on your racing.... and upcoming events.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Good to hear from ya. Hate to see you leave the dez and go to Texas. Don't believe everything they say about Oklahoma, they are just jealous!!!! Can't wait for the tech page to come out, got a million questions for my K5 and want to see what you've done so I can copy some your work.

6. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

No off-road racing in Texas much anymore. There is an occasional race out in El Paso/Juarez that we go to. I'l let ya know when I hear something. Other than that, we go to AZ for the Whiplash stuff. Welcome to Texas!

7. SASQUATCH

SASQUATCH Registered Member

Scoob,

Hang in there bro', I hope you can keep racing somehow ;you gotta keep that K5 spirit alive!
    Regards, Sasquatch