Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Destroyed an XJ today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Oct 6, 2005.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Rene, I guess you were right about XJs....

I sold my XJ to my buddy earlier this summer, who managed to burn the engine a few weeks ago. So since it was a POS to begin with and now it doesn't run, he's parting it out. We pulled all the good stuff off it and started playing with the shell. I'm so surprised at how flimsy the unibody is. We bent a door backwards by hand and it tweaked the B pillar so bad that the roof started to cave. I realize that that's not a normal force for it to take, but still, I'm a scrawny little bastid, I shouldn't be able to do that!

So then we were like "Fukk it.." and attacked it with a ramcharger on 35s. Using a chain and a truck to pull the rear hatch off was fun.

Today convinced me that body-on-frame is the way to go...

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I so wanted to do that to ours...:haha:

Rene

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Damn straight! Hell if they cant even stand up to zen, whats gonna happen when they get hit by that 1 ton :eek1:

4. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

haha awesome. i remember finding a ditched and sunk xj in a mud pit at the trails. i first put a hole in the roof with a pick axe, hooked up a chain and used the blazer to rip the roof off.

i also did the seats, the steering wheel+column, etc.

fun times

ramming sounds like it woulda been a fun thing to do lol.

5. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

So let me get this straight, you found somebody elses vehicle stuck on the trail, and destroyed it for them? And you find it funny and amusing?

You're a ****ing jackass.

6. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

that is the kind of behavier that will get the trails closed.this spring we did a clean up in a wheeling area here and pulled 63 cars out that were stolen and burned.the next day we went back out and found another one :eek1: .take care of the trails and keep them clean or there will be no trails to run. ok off my soap box.

7. thezentree

I hope that XJ you found was already abandoned and burned.

No, what I REALLY hope is that you made that story up. We were in my buddy's backyard when we destroyed a scrap XJ that we owned. There's a difference.

I don't mean to talk down to you, but one, if it was just stuck there and someone walked out to get help, and while they were gone you totaled his rig for him, I hope you rot in hell. Seriously. Die. Right now.

It's not so bad if it was a burned heap that people flexed on while they were out in the trails, cause it was already scrap and stuff. But sledheadak's right, that sorta crap gets trails closed. We've dragged burned vehicles off land we weren't even supposed to be on, in the hope that the owners might turn a blind eye that much longer. Just keep in mind that we're gonna have to fight for land to wheel on in the not-so-distant future.

8. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

FYI
    The thing could hardly be called a jeep anymore. It had been there for at least a year. Rusted, smashed, burnt, just a hull. And when the fun was over the loose pieces were disposed of and the roof was turned into a sled. He didn't mean to get you guys riled up.

9. thezentree

Then we don't hate him anymore :D

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

:haha: :haha:

Rene