Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Detachable Face?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 19, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Do detachable faces ever just "quit working"? My only nice stereo all of a sudden stopped working... it was on and music was on, then it went non-responsive and I had to unplug the fuse to turn it off.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

take a cuetip and some rubbing alcohol and clean the connectors and you should be good to go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

if cleaning the connections wont fix it, check out the little cable inside the faceplate itself that runs to that connector, ive seen those break, you can usually order a new cable..

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

ive never heard of em just stopping, but whith what you do, nothing would suprise me /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. Well, I found the problem. Im just too dumb to sit doen and figure things out sometimes.

With the face off, there was a little red light one. I couldnt see what it said when it was dark, but yesterday I was able to see that next to the light it said "reset" and there was a little hole. I took a paper clip and hit the reset, and it works like normal again.