Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Details on SSN 23: The Jimmy Carter

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Read the article here: http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/002070.html

Jimmy Carter Attack Sub Armed with Nerf Missiles
    by Scott Ott

(2005-02-16) -- The U.S. Navy on Saturday will commission its newest nuclear-powered attack submarine, the Jimmy Carter, with many new features, including multiple-warhead Nerf missiles.

President Carter, who brought peace to the middle east, vigorously defended America's right to give away the Panama Canal and, in 1994, convinced North Korea to abandon talking about its nuclear weapons, said he's honored to have his name on "one of the most powerful peacemaking devices on earth."

Jimmy Carter is the first of the American Seahare-class subs, featuring a high-tech sonar system which alerts enemy forces to its presence and a safety device on the Nerf missiles which allows firing only after an enemy missile impact.

"This new generation of nuclear submarines is designed to use trust in our enemies as our first line of defense," said an unnamed Navy spokesman.

President Carter has invited leaders from North Korea and Iran to the commissioning ceremony, during which former First Lady Rosalyn Carter, in a time-honored Navy tradition, will give the first order to "man our ship, bring her to life then park her over there by the dock!"

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

:haha:

I mean, I'm a bleeding-heart liberal paranoid communist by most of y'alls standards (I'm a California moderate :D ) ... but that's funny. The swamp rabbit thing is fricken hilarious.

-- A

3. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I cant believe they named a warship after the biggest pussee we ever had for a president. Phuckin peanut farming, commie lovin arsehole.

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I guess this means that someday there will be the USS Klinton:surepal: thank God we wont see the Kerry or Gore:eek1: