Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Detroit Electrac VS. EATON E-Locker

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Sandman, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I didnt even know that there was two options untill I looked into it. Now I can get the Electrac for a Dana 60 now but I also hear rumered that the E-Locker will be available for the 14 bolt. Does anybody know more? They both look like good lockers that seem to work the same. For the prices I have found, The ARB is still cheaper. Does anybody know anything about these? Thanks.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Electrac is a full-time limited slip, which can be converted to a FULL locker with a push of a button.

The E-Locker is an open diff, that converts to a full locker at the push of a button.

The E-Locker is only available (so far) for the 9.5" Version of the 14BFF (Semi-Float)....I can't recall if both styles are now available on the D60 or not??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Looks like I'll be getting an Electrac for a customers front Dana 60 and putting it in. Maybe I'll do a write up.