Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

detroit or posi?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skelly1, Apr 6, 2004.

1. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

So, the new used 14bff is going in tomorrow night. Then I'm gonna put a detroit in there and change the gears in it. For the front, I'm torn between another detroit and an eaton posi. Help me make the decision. Leaning toward the detroit, but it's going in a 10 bolt front.

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

San Diego 4 wheelin, i'd go with the Detroit, i'm thinkin about an actual spool myself /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

So, what's the advantage of the spool then? Locked all the time no matter what? Also, are they strong?

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, locked all the time, i currently have a "generic" locking device installed as a trial thing, and although it does work better than an open diff does, it still releases at times when i really need it. Also being that i have the factory 14bff gov-loc in the rear, it too also releases at times when needed.

5. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

So, anyone have a good online seller of detroit lockers and gears? When I do a search for detroit locker on ORW's site, the search returns nothing, as if they don't sell them.