Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Detroit Truetrac???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Junkie, Apr 18, 2000.

1. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know if detroit trutrac's are offered for a 30 spline 10 bolt axles? I had one ordered for my frontend and i was a 28 spline but my axles are 30 spline. The problem is that they said that the truetrac does not come in 30 spline. Now that just sounds stupid. One more thing, what other option of a front diff. would anyone suggest besides an ARB locker for the front end. I am really pissed off about this! I was looking forward to having that in next weekend along with my rear Locker that is now on back order. Oh well. Thanks for any input.

2. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

Ok, well i found the answer to my own question, or at least i hope i did and it isn't a misprint. Truetrac is offered for the 30 spline 10 bolt axles. Just in case anyone else was wondering they do.

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Apparently the Tru-Trac is offered for the 30-spline 10 bolt, but only for the rear application and not the for the front 30 spline 10 bolts. There is something about the design of the Tru-Trac where the front and rear axle applications are different (I'm not exactly sure what), so the fact that there are relatively few 30 spline front 10-bolts out there means they haven't bothered going to the trouble to produce one.

4. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info, i thought i had found a truetrac for the front but it was for the rear. Now i got to figure out what would be good to put in instead of the truetrac.

5. Blade

Blade Registered Member

I've heard good things about the Auburn limited slips. I have the True Track (28 spline) in the front of my Blazer. I liked the idea that I wouldn't have to rebuild it when the clutches wore out.

[​IMG] Blade