Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

deuce and a half prices

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jackedjimmy350, Jan 30, 2004.

1. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

anyone ever bought or priced a set?

how much would 2 fronts (steers) and one rear (non steer) go for on average?

i have my eye on a 2 fronts, minus brakes, and one rear for $200. should i jump on this or wait? i dont really plan on using them anytime soon...just as an investment sort of deal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Two fronts and a rear for $200? That sounds like a hell of a deal to me! I found a set about a year about, 1 front and one rear, complete, for $1000. I passed on the deal once I found out how much it takes to get them under the truck and the tires I would have had to run. But for that price, I would say yes!

Kris

3. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

DUDE! That is cheap! Score /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'd say that's great investment.

4. jackedjimmy350

yeah, i was just worried about the 2 fronts not having the brakes. still has a pinion brake though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

not like i have the time or money to throw them under anything now anyways /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, so i figured id just sit on them for a while and watch my parts collection grow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Pinion brake. I like the sound of that! You can never have enough parts!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Pinion brake. I like the sound of that! You can never have enough parts!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kris

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I would be all over that deal like white on rice!!! I wouldn't want to use the stock drum brakes anyways. I would prefer the pinion brakes or better yet, disc brakes in place of the drums. Still an awesome price for 3 axles as you will never find them cheaper than that. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Do not expect pinion brakes to do the job by themselves. At speed they won't help you much. They are turning 6.72 times what your wheels are!!!! Can you say brake fade!!!!

9. jackedjimmy350

well picked them up this weekend. its actually 3 fronts /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. hey they were up in your neck of the woods too, wes. kansas is boring to say the least /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif