Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DHL is better than Brown

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by readymix, Mar 12, 2007.

1. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Had a delivery waiting on the doorstep when I got home from work today.
    The wife left it out there all day because it was too heavy for her to lift...
    ....I wonder what it could be.....

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

A whole bunch of stuff from DIY4x :bow::bow::bow:

Backbone with lower shockmounts
    Wraptor
    14FF Guardsman
    14FF spring perches
    6" UDSR shackles

Already have the shock inboarding kit.

Now all I need is to get some 56" springs for the rear and start the build:D

3. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

I thought it was a rule that you must show proof of said delivery:D

4. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

^^^^^^^^WHAT HE SAID^^^^^^^^^
    [​IMG]

5. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Nope - drop and run. I have all my stuff shipped to work. We get enough deliveries that most of the time the delivery blends in...

Well except for the bent drag link, 44" box that weighs 13 pounds, and well maybe the knuckles - a bit heavy 25 or 37# with everything in it, and maybe the shackle flip with zero rates...Oh hell, they have to know what's going on. So far no formal cease and desist orders.

Besides, my wife misses some of the boxes coming in, I think.

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I have been to busy drinking beer and admiring the parts...

I'll get pics whne I start the install. i still can;t believee how heavy the parts are. Kert goes aboev and beyond.

Excuse my spelling too may beers

7. Disturban

Disturban 1/2 ton status

So....how does that make DHL better than Brown????

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Usually Poor Service sucks... hard.

j

9. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I think it depends on where you live and how ambitious your local distribution hub is.

Where I live, FedEX used to be great, until they got rid of a hub near me, and now all my FedEX packages get distributed through a place about 60miles away.

So I can watch the tracking, "On truck for delivery", by the end of the day, package still not there, a note gets added to the tracking, 'Customer not home, no suitable drop off location. Attempt again tommorow".

WHAT? I've been home all day! Seems the driver was just too damn lazy to drive out to my house to deliver. It's happened more than once too, and it really pisses me off. It's even happened on next day air packages. I work at home every other week, and expect some work stuff to come that someone sent me, and have watched it fall into the FedEX abyss.

At least you have restitution on the next day air packages, the fed-ex ground ones you can't get them to do anything because they aren't guaranteed by any specific date/time.

But, like I say, it comes down to where you live, where the distibution hubs are near you, UPS distribution center is close and I've never had a problem with them. DHL is close too, always reliable.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my dad used to ship hazardous chemicals vis UPS all the time. These things are in a hella tough glass bottle... inside a boat load of packing... that is inside a metal packing cylinder (brass?)... then more packing... then a ginourmous box full of packing. UPS somehow (ie with a forklift generally) to break mulitple bottles of chemicals open in spite of the packing... and then lied about it to cover it up (putting themselves, potentially, at grave risk). My dad finally got the big wigs to kick UPS to the curb... now its FedEx only.

j

11. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

We've used all 3 and have had the best luck with DHL so far. UPS is expensive and seem to lose alot.

Fedex like to open the door and run!

DHL, pretty good so far. Very few lost or damaged. I think less than five over the last few years. We tape the hell out of 'em though! Not too bad of pricing. Guy that picks up daily, likes trucks and is eager to get to the shop most days!

12. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Currently my UPS driver is doing the best by me. He places the delieveries at the back door with no problems. The Fedex driver must be dislexic. I had a 60lbs package go missing for a week. It was left at the wrong house, and they were out of town of that week.

Staples Delievery takes the cake. I have a guy walk around behind the condo I was living in at the time and leave the package on the back deck. I found the harddrive after 3 days of pouring rain. I took it back to the local store and exchanged it for a dry one.

13. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

UPS sucks because every delivery I get through them ends up being delivered to someone else in a different town and Zip code????

The only good part is the lady that gets all of our deliveries is nice and calls to let us know that it came in.:haha:

14. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

How about the USPS? I got a post card from Hawaii that was sent to a person in Canada. I'm in Arizona. Nothing on the card's address matched anything of my address. It was the only thing delivered one day.

Back to topic. I got my new headlights today in a partially crushed box delivered by UPS, the wiring harness from LMC for the headlights and the new u-joint for my steering shaft. It's a good day.

15. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

yeah I second dhl, I ordered a bunch of new parts for the front clip of my taco, which was Monday night late, and yesterday several of the parts that were shipped through dhl were already waiting for me when I got off of work. Hella fast, will ship through them from now on if I can help it.

Remington