Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diablo chassis

Discussion in 'Center Of Gravity' started by sled_dog, Sep 1, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

anyone have any opinions on the Diablo II production chassis? $1900 for the chassis alone. I'd go with Bluetorch's new little chassis but its too rich for my blood.

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Shaffer does some nice work! Saw his only rig at Summit last summer and it was really nice!

3. Emmettology 101

Here's a pic off Mike's site:
    [​IMG]

I'm not big on one seaters though...

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

they make a 2 seater thats what I was talking about. But I will be going to school with a shop to build a buggy so I think I'm gonna say forget it.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

whats wrong with single seaters? i am totally gonna build a toy-based single seater. my gf don't like to wheel, so i dont need a pass seat. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif last trip wheelin i didnt even have a 2nd seat mounted in my k5. lol!

j

6. Emmettology 101

10-4. I thought the II was just a single seater and the I was the double. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have a bender.. If tube prices would come down, I would think about making my own...

7. Emmettology 101

*shrug* I like having a passenger... The way I look at it is that if I am goign to put that kind of $ into a rig, I want to be able to use it on the trail too. Not that you cant use a singel seater on the trail, but I like trail rides when you have someone along and not sitting in something by yourself.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's more fun when you are goin gthrough something and you know you're fine, but the passenger has full on pucker factor! LOL

8. jekbrown

lol, to each their own. I took my gf wheelin one time, she freaked and it pretty much ruined the whole trip. I'd rather just wheel by myself so I dont have to deal with it. lol, /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

9. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Jenn likes to come wheelin but if/when it gets kind of gnarly she clambers on out and takes pictures or video. Just a thought for y'all.

10. jekbrown

yeah, i tried the "you be the cameraman" maneuver... didn't fly. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

11. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anyone have any opinions on the Diablo II production chassis? $1900 for the chassis alone. I'd go with Bluetorch's new little chassis but its too rich for my blood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good chassis, especially for the price. There are several people that have certainly had good luck with that chassis, in either the single or two seat flavor. As far as production chassis go, I would have to say this is one of the best as far as appealing looks, functionality, safety, and price. I would not hesitate to send Mike some $Bling$ to build a sound chassis for me.