Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dial up sucks.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by docgab, Jun 9, 2005.

1. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

In case you all didn't know, just thought I'd inform ya that dial up does indeed suck. Not just dial up, sloooooow dial up. I connect at 24k most of the time.

lol, oh well, at least I can step out my front door and walk to my hunting grounds. Still wondering if that's a fair trade off. :-D

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I HATE it too...

Dial Up is the internet conecction from HELL....I didnt hate it so much as I do now--I "upgraded" my AOL (aye-O-HELL!) to the new "9.0" version,with free Macafee virus protection,when my subscription for it ran out--I figured why BUY more antivirus protection when AOL offers it free,right?...well,now it takes me 10+ minites to "sign on" every time I turn the computer on...it sounds like its downloading the whole program over every time(but its not!)..it was much better using the "old" 8.0 AOL program.(took about 3 minites then,and I thought that was slow! :blush: ).and every time it "updates" the Macafee ,it just starts doing it,with no warning,and it slows my PC down to a crawl.....I also get disconnected quite often,or it will simply refuse to respond to any mouse commands,and I have to shut it down "improperly" and start over..and many times it wont shut off right!--it frustrates the hell out of me...

I hate the fact I cant watch video's or do many other things with the dial up access--but since its not my house,and I dont pay the phone bill,nothing is going to be done about it--guess I'll have to remind myself I'm lucky to have it at all,sucky as it is most of the time... :blush: :crazy:

3. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I have been using cable/dsl/t3 for the last 6+ years. As soon as cable came out we had it. Then switched to DSL, then went to college and used the campus' t3 connection. Now I just moved into a place that only has dial up, and I am hating life. Been here 3 months, and it is not getting any easier. I feel your pain.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm on cable, I don't think I could go back to dial up.

5. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I'm on DSL and love it. Would like to switch to cable but I have Direct TV and I am not sold on their wireless internet quite yet.