Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diameter, lenght and pitch of bolts for half-top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Lance, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know the diameter, length and pitch of the bolts used to hold the half top on a '90 K5. (I would assume they are all the same from 76 - 91.) My truck is at home and I forgot to check before leaving for work this morning. Some reason or another I think they are 5/16's diameter, but was hoping someone knew for sure.

I know they come with torx head bits originally, but I'd rather just use regular bolts. Fall is in the air and I need to put the top back on the K5.

Thanks,

Lance

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

5/16" x 18 tpi. The tips are pointy so they self align in the captured square nuts. If you replace with regular bolts I'd make em pointy...

Rene

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've got a set of the factory bolts (with hex heads even!) that I removed from an '88 that I parted out. $10 plus shipping will get you a complete set of nice chrome ones. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Thanks! Got the top back on this morning. Just used stainless 5/16" bolts and lock washers. I just used a screw driver to align things.

Thanks again,

Lance