Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diamond plate fenders?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i was wondering if anyone has put diamond plate under there fenders. i got pics of where i am talking about.
    if anyone has done it, how did u go about it?
    [​IMG]

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Haven't done it or seen it done. Someone used to make a neat little stainless piece that went on the front of the rear fender. That's where the front tires throw all the rocks to. I would suggest getting some thin (1/16") diamond plate. Lowes has small, but expensive, pieces. Then either use your fender or an old one and beat it(the aluminum) around until it matches the contour of the fender. Screw or pop-rivit it on. Seems like there used to be kits to do this..... you might shop around some.

Michael[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Confederate9

do you know who made those? i was thinking of this because i thought it would look good plus when im 4wheelin rocks kicked up have chipped that paints off
    anyone know where thos kits can be bought?

Confederate's w/ K5's!

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You may be able to get it cheaper at a welding supply shop rather than Lowes/Home Depot.

[​IMG]

5. Confederate9

thats what i was thinking. its gonna be a spring project for me. so i have time to think about write stuff down, take measurements
    but does ne one know where i can get a kit?

Confederate's w/ K5's!

6. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Any good sheet metal shop will have this stuff.....really cheap. I bought some for rockers on a heep for only $15.

7. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

have you thot about useing bed liner on you rockers I have line-x on mine and a rock does not have a chance in hell of chipeing it and sencs your K5 is a dark coloar it will not show up form afar I have some pics on my web site if you would like to see what mine looks like but mine is withe and blue and I like seeing the line-x

if you do use AL you will save a lot of money if you buy it from a metal destriutor

[​IMG]Go prepared

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com>http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com</A>