Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diamond plate?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rusty79, Dec 12, 2001.

1. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

anybody use diamond plate for the front floor section mine is rotted out with a few good size holes (i can fit my leg through them) just wondering how it works out how it looks can you just bolt it down over the existing floor i dont have access to a welder and i dont know how to use one anyone know where to get this stuff the cheapest lowes has it but its 90$ for a good size sheet

TIA
    Dave

2. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

I've been using it to repair the floor in mine, but have been cutting and welding. You could probably bolt it down. However, you need to keep in mind that the stock floor pan is far from flat and you find it difficult to follow the contour of the floor.

I think that someone makes a patch panel that might bolt in OK, try J.C. Whitney or LMC Truck for those. As for the price of the diamond plate it ain't cheap, but you could probably do better than Lowes for that type of thing. You ought to be able to get a 4x8 sheet for that amount of cha-ching. I got luck and got mine for free.

Good luck,

John

3. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

i got repair panels from LMC they just seem flimsy and most of it is well beyond my level of expertise i think im gonna have to have a body shop do it unfortunatly

Rusting away in VA
    Hey it almost runs!

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

5. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

did you just cut the old floor out and weld it in how much bending did it require or did you mount it flat? as many details as you could give me would be great..

Rusting away in VA
    Hey it almost runs!

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

the guy i bought my blazer from did it he put it in ontop of the old floor the only bend he made was where it starts to go up right where you put your feet. ill see if i can get some pics of it today if you want me to

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

7. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

that would be totally awesome especially if i can put it in flat

Rusting away in VA
    Hey it almost runs!