Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diamond plating my floor in my k5...I need subframe help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Jul 12, 2006.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    I am junking the LMC floor pan idea for a all custom floor. I am planning on using 1/8" diamond plate. What should I do about my subframe? Do any of you have any pics of your subframe for your floor? I have a rough idea on how to do it. I am using STEEL diamond plating, Not aluminum. I have seen pics of diamond plated floors with a custom tail pan. ( http://www.jjlaughner.com/ck5/fullfloor4.jpg ) What does it take to make one?
    Thanks
    Adam

2. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

Time, tools, skillz, some $$. A monkey could do it. But not like jj. I think he may have even used a ruler or something.

He used a bunch of square tube and the stock body/frame mounts, he has it fairly well documented right there... it's sick in shizzle.

3. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

i did the diamond plate plate floors (click the link in my sig) i dont have any good pics of the subframe but it is made of 3/16" 2x2 attached by the 2nd to last body mount towards the rear, and addiontal set of body mounts between the rear cab support and it is attached to the factory front subframe. my camera is broke so i cant get any pics for awhile but i can explain it further if your interested.