Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dick cepek lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by franco802, Nov 24, 2006.

1. franco802

franco802 1/2 ton status

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Well that all depends. There are people here running 33s with no lift, with no rub, but there are also people here running 33s with 4 inches of lift that rub. It really differs from truck to truck. In theory, 4" of lift is to fit 33s, 6 for 35s, etc.....

I think you could get away with the 2.5" lift, but the extra will leave room for BIGGER swampers:wink1:

3. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

The only thing I see wrong with that kit is you still need a steering arm. Look a little harder, and you'll find a kit which includes a steering arm.
    Jimbo

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a set of those springs now, soon to be gone. They are very stiff. Very stiff. If that doesn't bother you, its an inexpensive way to get started. I ran 35's and now 37's with the cutout fender flares.

5. NewMexK5

NewMexK5 1/2 ton status

I run those springs with a few modifications, I took a leaf out and tapered them then added new teflon pads and they flex great. They provide more than enough lift for 33's (read: I run 39's with the about 3" of lift from my springs). I would say they are the equivalent of a rough country spring.

I picked my set up from there shop in Big Spring, they have all the old stock of D/C stuff. They threw the steering arm in for free or I think they sell them for $30. I wouldn't hesitate to go with this lift again from a first time buyer standpoint.

6. franco802

franco802 1/2 ton status

I installed new front pads on my Blazer yesterday and noticed those front brake line hoses are very short. No wonder you got to replace those things when putting in a lift on these K5s!