Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dick Cepek Radial F-Cs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5kraze, Jan 17, 2001.

1. k5kraze

k5kraze Registered Member

I have the chance to get a set of Dick Cepek Radial F-Cs in 38x15,50x15 for about half the list price.
    The problem: these tires are very rare in Austria, and I dont know anyone who uses them.
    Has anybody experiences with these tires (tread life, balancing, road noise...)
    Any input is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

i've heard awesome tread life since it's such a tight all terrain pattern. But DC has gone out of buisness, so you need to keep that in mind.

Like em big and topless

3. Phaeton

Phaeton Registered Member

They are a horrible tire. Out of round, side walls that balloon making the tire no good. Bad ride. They just suck all together. They do look awesome though. I would have to say these tires are what made DC go out of business. Just my 2 cents

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

These tires are pure junk. I had some 36x16.50x16.5s on my Suburban and went thru three tires due to tread bulges in about 10,000 miles. They were pro-rated warranty, but finally on the third tire, I took it into Cepek and a guy I knew who worked there told me to demand that they take them back. Well, they did and gave me $550, of which had to come from their corporate office. Well, I never got the check and I kept calling and found out they were headed for bankruptcy, so I asked the guy if I could get store credit. He said yes and I hurried down and picked up a buncha stuff (Rancho RS9000s, etc) to make up the $550 before I lost it altogether. But, back to the story of how crappy a tire those FCs are. Another buddy had them on an F350 and when on a trip to MExico, blew two rear ones out at different times. The resulting flapping rubber caused him $4200 body damage, of which was paid by Denman, the maker of the tire. Better to SAY AWAY from the FC radials.

ken