Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dick Cepek tires questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CaveBlazin, Nov 3, 2003.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Who here has had the Dick Cepek tires its the larger sizes like a 44x18.5x15 I think its the fun country's let me know cause I have a swingin deal on a complete set. Thanks,

2. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: tires question

Anyone ever use these tires or heard of them being used. I need some opinions. Thanks,

3. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

Arn't those pulling tires?

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

they are good in snow, thats about all i know.

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I've heard they do well in Sand and snow...not sure about mud/rocks though. A member here by the name of Ryeguy was running them on his unimogged K5. You might try pm'ing him or emailing him. You might also be able to reach him through his company at http://www.exaxt.ca/ His name is Rob Bryce. His K5 is on there home page I belive also/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Really nice guy and will answer any questions you might have I am sure. He was more than helpful with answering a MILLION questions I had on running a Caddy motor. He is running a 472ci big block caddy running on propane in the 'Hulk' (thats the name of his K5)/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Nothing wrong with DC's. Not the BEST mud tire, but they do well, and kick ass in most everythin else....If I found a set for a steal, I would be snatching them up....

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have an older set of 38x15.50's that are radials and they are blimps. They are huge for their size. Although I can't say how they ride or do offroad really because they are on 6 lug wheels and I'm 8 lug, traded my old set of eagles and 33" ssr's for them with 15x12 alco MT already on them. I do know a guy with a dodge with the cummins and the 36x16.50s and as soon as he drove out on the sand here at pismo in Cali, he buried the thing so I'm not to fond of them and would like to sell them.

8. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have an older set of 38x15.50's that are radials and they are blimps. They are huge for their size. Although I can't say how they ride or do offroad really because they are on 6 lug wheels and I'm 8 lug, traded my old set of eagles and 33" ssr's for them with 15x12 alco MT already on them. I do know a guy with a dodge with the cummins and the 36x16.50s and as soon as he drove out on the sand here at pismo in Cali, he buried the thing so I'm not to fond of them and would like to sell them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna sell them? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I had the DC's in 17x40x15 on my old yota, they are a great street tire, great in the sand. Light mud is okay, but you need to spin them to keep clean. They are basically a BIG all terrain.

9. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

I had an older set (maybe 5-6 years ago) and I really liked them all around. They wear good, they are quiet (relatively) and a good trail tire. Not great in mud though, and I never had them in the sand. I'd snag them if its a good deal

10. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Like everyone said, VERY good in the snow and sand cause of the width and mild tread (they dont dig). But, not the best in anything that requires high traction.

Wasnt Ryeguy looking for Swampers for TopTruck? That explains it right there.

Ken H.

11. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    VERY good in the snow

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is only true in deep snow. The wide, mild tread doesn't seem to work very good on the icy packable snow.

12. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

anybody know what ever happened to the Dick Cepek MC-II(MC2). Those things were great in snow and mud, and seemed to wear forever, plus they were cheap relative to others of the same style!!!

13. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

They are around, check the Mags....

14. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Wanna sell them? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Yep...love to sell them, sent you a PM then relized your a bluebie. oops. How can I contact you privatly?