Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Did 550 hard miles in the K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Thunder, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yesterday we left the house at 5:30 am and drove over to Salt Lake City to buy a car for my wife. It had snowed all nite and the roads were Bad! Icy, Snowy, and windy. Just the best conditions for a nice drive in the K5. We drove the first 100 miles in these conditions. When we hit the Bonniville salt flats the roads cleareed off and it was smooth sailing to SLC. Got there at 11:00 Am and picked up her new car (Chev Monte Carlo SS) And headed back home. I tried to follow her but That good running car got to her and she put the hammer down. We cruised back doing 75-85+(she said she would back off when she couldn't see me in the rear view) mph and got back home in time to hit the DMV and get her car registered. All and all a great trip. It was fun hauling ass in the ol K5 even pegged the spedeo a few times

2. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

You should have stopped by, we could have went wheeling /forums/images/icons/smile.gif