Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

did 80s 8 lug trucks ever have GM aluminum wheels available ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Dec 20, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

like 5 and 6 lug did ? liek the finned wheels or the round hole wheels ? any 8 lugs of these ever made for GM trucks and avaialble through dealer or factory ?

just wondering, would want pics if such existed. i cant recall ever seeing such to this date but then this isnt really truck country so dont see a huge variety of anything here cept FWD pos cars. haha

thanks

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Nope. Never have seen any and on the http://brochures.slosh.com/ it doesn't indicate they were available.

I'm on the hunt right now for some 2000 up mags to replace my rims on my 88 Burb. Mine are heat warped and I can't get a smooth ride. They will work. I have seen folks with them on 71's.

3. You probably already know, but the new style 8 lugs are on ebay all the time. I looked at them also, but the are only 6.5" wide. They do look good though.

Mat

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah that's the width I need to stay with stock size tires. My Burb runs 235/85/16's E rating. Finding anything less then 8 in aftermarket rims stinks and is very expensive. Those tires won't fit on anything wider then 7. I have somebody that works at the local dealer watching for a set of take off. Tires will be a little short but I guess I will have to deal with it for a year or two.
    Guy on Pirate has a set for cheap (wore out tires) but the shipping is killing the deal because he is on the oposite side of the country. What it would cost me to get them here is only a a couple hundred (or Less) then the guy at the dealer thinks he can get me the NEW takeoffs with NEW tires. Sell my tires and wheels or sell those tires and put my Mechelins on them. Should be able to get $200 for eather set of tires without much problem.

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have 4 places, scrap yards, that sell take offs with new tires for 500-600. I was looking into them for another truck I had. There has to be somebody similar to these guys down your way. I know the shipping from up here would kill it also.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Nope. Never have seen any and on the http://brochures.slosh.com/ it doesn't indicate they were available.

I'm on the hunt right now for some 2000 up mags to replace my rims on my 88 Burb. Mine are heat warped and I can't get a smooth ride. They will work. I have seen folks with them on 71's.

[/ QUOTE ]

bearing hub hole size exact same tight fit as on 87-older stock wheels ?
    i wouldnt want wheels that only rely on wheel studs/nuts to center onto hubs.. that would be bad, especially under heavy loading conditions.

thanks

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

His 'burb is 2WD.